Hi, I’m Sarah from Germany

Hello everyone!

My name is Sarah, I’m from Germany and I’m in my early thirties and I hope that it’s not too late to start my guitar journey.

About half a year ago I insisted that my friend, who always wanted to learn how to play the piano, started getting lessons. She had already tried other instruments but the piano was her true love. She finally was convinced that she was not too old to start and took lessons and completely fell in love with the instrument. To be honest, even though I was so happy for her, I was also a bit jealous. Because I never had the chance to learn an instrument and the one I favored - guitar - seemed unreachable thanks to my financial situation.

Well, long story short, this wonderful friend gave me one of her guitars. It’s a Fender CD-60S and I still can’t believe my luck. She insisted that I deserved the same love for an instrument that she feels and even though I only begun my journey (and my fingers hurt like hell :wink: ), I can already say that I love this guitar.

It brings me so much joy and I can’t wait to learn more!

And I’m truly grateful for all the free lessons here, because I definitely wouldn’t be able to afford this.

So all in all: I’m very glad to be here.

:slight_smile: Sarah

13 Likes

Hey Sarah,
greetings from Thuringia and welcome to the forum. Thanks for sharing your story and with this one I am sure you will appreciate your instrument and stick to your learning journey as long as you can.
Best wishes,
Martin

1 Like

Hey Sarah and greetings from North Germany :wave: !
What a lovely friend! I wish you joy with your Fender and have a lot of fun on your guitar journey! :slightly_smiling_face:
Welcome to the community! :blush:

1 Like

Hi Sarah,

Greetings from the Island, welcome to Justin Guitar, and the community. There are many, many helpful people here, if you have any questions or would like advice on any topic related to guitar playing.

Iain

1 Like

Hello Sarah and welcome. :slight_smile:

You’re never to old to start learning. I started last year aged 50.

Yes, I remember the finger pain well but that has long gone now so it is just pure pleasure playing now.

1 Like

Hi Sarah, great story! Love how you and your friend have encouraged each other to grab hold of your musical dreams. It’s really helpful to have someone like that to keep you inspired.

1 Like

Hi Sarah, welcome to the community. It’s never too late to start learning. Keep on enjoying that guitar!

1 Like

Welcome, fellow Fender CD-60 player :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Sarah, You’re never too old for guitar. I have re-started learning guitar at 58 and am really enjoying the challenge. Best of luck in your journey!! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello Sarah,
Soon you will have to pay back your wonderful friend with a song and lunch :grin:. Congratulations on finding Justin, the journey is worth it.
- Scott

1 Like

Welcome Sarah. I love your story and I’m so glad for you that you can express your passion with your gift Fender and Justin’s lessons.

This is so good. Your sore fingers will get better and there is so much more to discover and delight in.

Enjoy :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Sarah and welcome. Really nice to hear the story of your friend gifting you a guitar. I started off on a fender cd60 before GAS got the better of me. I’m 49 and only started learning a year ago so theres plenty of time for you yet. Hope you enjoy yourself here :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Haha, so basically, there’ll be more guitars in my future as well? Perfect, I’m looking forward to it! :smiley:

Thanks a lot! The pain already lessens a bit - well at least for the most part of my daily 20ish minute routine. My friend warned me about blisters, so I’d rather keep the sessions shorter for now - that way I hopefully won’t have to stop for a few days because the pain gets too much. :sweat_smile:

That’s a perfect idea! I already know that she’s planning on a rendition of “the scientist” by Coldplay on the piano for my birthday. I doubt I’ll be able to do one of her favorite songs by hers (23 January :sweat_smile: ) but maybe for Christmas! Thanks for the idea!

Hi Martin, thanks a lot - yes, I too hope the joy is here to stay. But I’m very optimistic. I can’t stop smiling when I’ve got the guitar on my lap :smiley:

Thank you everyone for making me feel so welcome! I’m truly mesmerized to have found such an inspiring part of the internet. That’s really great, thanks a lot!

1 Like

Hello from NZ, 45 years old and 2 years in…no such thing as too late! Glad to have you here, hope you have as much fun as I do :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to the Community, Sarah. You are in the right place to discover the joy of guitar-playing. Enjoy the adventure

1 Like

Hello from Austria, I’m in my early thirties as well. I’ll start my guitar journey this summer! If there’s one thing I learned from tons of videos beforehand: you’re never to old for any instrument!

1 Like