Hi, I’m Tracey from Northumberland, UK

I played guitar briefly when I was a teenager but could only play a few open chords and some barre chords. I saved up and bought a lovely Westone Session II guitar as I had ambitions about trying to play like Joni Mitchell but I’m afraid that it has simply gathered dust for forty years.

All that changed during lockdown and I decided to dust it down and try to learn how to play it properly, playing individual notes instead of just barre chords. Justin’s website and lessons have been fabulous and I’m making my way slowly through the modules and am loving the detailed way he breaks down songs. I also took the plunge and bought a second hand electric guitar which is lighter and easier to play and am just loving it.

9 Likes

Great stuff, welcome to the community. Look forward to hearing more from you.

1 Like

Hi Tracey, welcome to the community. Your story is very similar to a lot of people on here. I’m glad you are enjoying the course. Enjoy the modules, take your time, and enjoy the journey. Looking forward to following your progress.

1 Like

Hello and welcome @Tracey63

Love to read your story!
Keep loving the learning and the playing :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Tracey and welcome to the community! Great to have you onboard and don’t hesitate to ask questions if you have them.

1 Like

Welcome Tracey.

Keep the momentum going now you’ve started again, as there would have been nothing like the resources Justin provides 40 years ago ! Lovely Epi by the way.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome to the Community, Tracey. Enjoy yourmusical adventure, a journey to playing like Joni. Following Justin’s programmes will help you down the path and be loads of fun as you go.

1 Like

Thanks David. I’ve just taken some time out to read about your journey and you’ve given me loads of inspiration.

1 Like

Thanks Toby. Loving your collection too!

1 Like

Hi Tracey, a very warm welcome to the community. It’s great to have new folk, returner guitarists, people reviving a long-neglected desire to play etc. And it’s great to have more northerners! :wink:
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide & Moderator

Thanks @Richard_close2u, it would be great to find people in the NE England to play and learn with. Do you know of any in the JustinGuitar Community?

Tracey, I suggest posting up a suitable topic expressing your interest here - #social:meeting-place

That’s really helpful @DavidP. Thank you!

1 Like

Hello Tracey and welcome. :slight_smile:

I hope you enjoy your guitar journey.

1 Like