Hi, I'm Ari

I’m from the US, like a lot of us here it seems. I wanted to play guitar since I was eight, but only my sister got to go to lessons, and she wasn’t keen on sharing. I remember holding her guitar case for her and wanting so badly to crack it open and pick at the strings.

I’m 30 now, work in computers, and no one can keep me from it now. I’ve been practicing at least a little every day for the past month, and finally got comfortable enough for Grade 1 Module 4. It feels like slow going, but I’m trying to be patient.

Anyway. Hi. Nice to meet you.

10 Likes

Hi Ari!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Ari

2 Likes

Hi Ari ! Nice to read you. Nice to read your enthousiasm. I joined the JG group last august and love it. Welcome in Ari !

2 Likes

Welcome Ari! All the best with your journey :wave::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hi Ari, welcome to the community. There are a fair share of computer geeks in one form or another lurking around here, myself included. I like the guitar as it’s very tactile and playing unplugged acoustically gives me a complete break from technology. Stick with it, it’s a particularly rewarding instrument.

2 Likes

Welcome Ari! Better to start late than never. Seems as if you are highly motivated. Have fun and enjoy your journey!

2 Likes

Hi Ari,
Welcome,…And you have plenty of time to become a great player…you are still super young…I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings.Rogier

3 Likes

Hello and welcome to our community Ari. :slight_smile:

Ahhhh, siblings, aren’t they great! :upside_down_face:

I’m sure it will have been worth the wait. Enjoy your journey.

4 Likes

Hi Ari
Welcome. Nice to meet you :slight_smile:
So happy you’re able to get into playing guitar now :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome Ari, you’re in good company as an IT guitar learner around here!! :wink:
Stay patient but stay positive, you’ll go well with Justin’s course and the community here. All the best!

2 Likes

Welcome, Ari! Glad you’re finally living your lifelong dream of learning guitar!

2 Likes

Hi Ari,

That story hit home because it reminded me of how my older brother was growing up. I was not allowed to touch anything of his, including his guitar. I assume he quit playing years ago. If he were to see me now, how great I can play it will put him to shame lol. Likewise, I am sure your sister will be amazed at your skill level here once you get into the groove of learning.

I have been learning from Justin Guitar for about 2 years now. His teaching methods are fantastic and thanks to Justin Guitar I have taken leaps and bounds in progress with playing. Before that I tried playing years ago and sounded awful and hopeless. I was like a brand new musician after following Justin’s criteria. I suggest to follow his lessons step by step and record yourself for self-review. You will be surprised at how quickly you progress in your skill level. I am confident if you keep going you will surprise yourself and be the great guitarist you always were curious about being. One more piece of advice, don’t rush. It takes time to progress and sometimes you will feel like you are regressing. Those are just minor setbacks that you will overcome. There is a record yourself and your progress section here. Have a look at the videos posted and you will see all different levels of progress.

Thanks for saying hello.

Jeff from California

3 Likes

Patience and practice would be a good virtue to go by i would say. If you have just starting playing it will take some time to get those chords ringing the way you want them. I keep an ear open for what i need to work on. Realistically, it could take years to refine. I don’t want to say how long i have been playing, only because that is intro and still haven’t done er yet. Taking videos of yourself as you go can be an excellent motivator, it was for me. You here the improvement and say, heck, i am getting better!! Practice routines major help! Cheers!

2 Likes

Welcome, Ari! I think there’s something that hits you around 30, where you try things that you wanted to do when you were younger. I did the same with skateboarding around 30… that didn’t work out as great, a whole lot of falling and getting scraped up on the concrete. Now, guitar, and so far, it seems much safer.

Best Wishes,
Todd

2 Likes

Hello Ari.
Welcome to the community and welcome to your guitar learning, which, hopefully, becomes a life long passion and joy.
You’ve come to the right place for lessons and the right community for friendly support and the pay-it-forward spirit that guides us all in mutual encouragement and help to one another.
Richard
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Greeting Ari!

If you are already at Grade 1 Module 4 after 1 month, you are not going slow.

Enjoy the process, learning guitar is a lifetime journey :sunglasses:

2 Likes