Hi, I'm Brian a 51 year old beginner saying hi from Bakersfield, California USA

Hi everybody! My wife and I both just started learning guitar. I am a bit OCD and have tried several different apps and programs but chose Justin Guitar. I look forward to being here:)

3 Likes

Welcome! Justin is great and so are the folks in the community. Very helpful. I hope you and the wife have fun.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, great to hear from you. I lived in the greater Los Angeles area in the 70s in my late teens and fondly remember being in Hotel California. I started playing 10 years ago at the age of 53 so you are a couple of years ahead of me already. Enjoy the journey, it’s a hoot!

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the community! You will love it here. The lessons here are great.

I haven’t been here long but I can already tell you that this is a helpful, wholesome and very friendly community.

Enjoy your stay and I hope you and your wife have a lot of fun learning together.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the fray! How are things in good old Bakersfield? We don’t hear enough of that Bakersfield sound (Buck & Dwight). Lake Isabella used to be my favorite fishing lake (not too far from Bakersfield). I hear the water levels are very low right now.

Shameless plug (for better or worse) for a track I recorded a while back. It was my attempt to create a track as if Dwight and Buck were on the same stage twanging away:
Five Miles To The Bakersfield Bridge
I just realized that I don’t know how to embed a soundcloud link. Nothing looks right in the right hand pane of the editor.

2 Likes

Hello Brian, and a warm Welcome to the community :hugs:.
Starting this journey together with your wife is a wonderful idea :star_struck:. I wish you both lots of fun :grinning:.

2 Likes

Hi Brian, welcome to the community. You’ll find some very helpful and encouraging people here.

2 Likes

Hi Brian and wife,
I wish you a lot of guitar fun… how handy to have a roommate who also plays :smiley:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Hello Mr & Mrs D.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and this community.
It’s amazing that you are learning together, you’ll have someone to share the joys and the pains and make music with.
Just ask around if you find you have any questions or issues.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the community Brian. :slight_smile:

Nice to have a guitar buddy to learn along with.

1 Like