Hi! I'm Chris, a Brit living in Canada!

So my wife rented me a guitar from a music shop as a sort of “try before you buy” approach, for my birthday. That was just over a week ago and I’m hooked! Not sure I’ll be able to last the whole month rental without buying myself a guitar :wink: Hardest part right now is limiting my practice time to give my fingers a rest! Anyway, wanted to say hello to the community, I’m 43 and living in SW Ontario with my wife and two boys.

7 Likes

Hello Chris, welcome to the community. Glad your enjoying the guitar. Have you played the guitar before or are you just starting off on your guitar journey?

1 Like

Wow Chris, that’s really cool. Glad it is getting you stoked up! :guitar:

1 Like

Welcome to the Community, Chris. That’s a great way to check it out, renting first. I know there are a ton of guitar stores in SW Ontario, and so lots of choice when you go shopping! I’m happy with our 1 guitar store up here in Northwestern Ontario, but when I’m down in the TO area I always have to check out a Long and McQuade or two and, if I can, my favorite store in the world, Cosmo Music in Richmond Hill. Tons of choices in all different price ranges, wherever you go - have fun shopping!

1 Like

Welcome to the community Chris

1 Like

No, never played but wanted to for many years! I had the usual anxieties and self-doubt, but now after starting my journey and seeing what others have achieved after a year or less of regular practice I’m super motivated! My goal is to be able to play some simple campfire songs by summer :sunglasses::crossed_fingers:

Hi Chris! Good idea, that…renting first :blush: Glad you’re hooked though. Enjoy the adventure!

1 Like

Chris as a Brit I assume you have suitable clothing for those balmy Ontario winters ? :cold_face:
Well if she had not have rented, I guess your missus still wants you to play ? So exploit that to the full and asked her what guitar would she recommend !! Oh yeah then head straight back here for the low down !

Not very helpful but hey roll the dice.

Cheers

Toby
:sun_behind_large_cloud: g

1 Like

Hey Chris, welcome, it’s great to have you here. I love your passion. Power to you. :bat:

1 Like

Welcome to the Community, Chris. Great strategy “try before you buy”. I’d suggest wait out that rental period. More learning and practice will position you well for the purchase of your first guitar.

1 Like

Hello and welcome Chris. :slight_smile:

I didn’t even know you could rent a guitar. What a great idea. I’m glad you’re loving it, it is very addictive.

Yes, stick with Justin’s course and you will be playing a few campfire song’s for summer.

1 Like

Yep, apparently it was a very reasonable price. I think music students rent instruments for classes they’re taking? Or maybe musicians want something specific for a one-off performance?

Haha, yeah gotta love shovelling that snow and scraping ice off the car :snowflake: on the plus side I’m learning to skate and got into skiing since moving here 6yrs ago!

1 Like