Hi, I'm Christian from Sydney Australia

I started my guitar journey about 9 months ago at the age of 51. This is my first crack at learning guitar and I wouldn’t say progress has been swift, but I’m still playing!

I’ve seen many of Justin’s videos on YouTube, but I had no idea there was a such a well structured learning program available on his website. I was using a different app to learn, and while I wouldn’t say it was terrible, what was missing for me was a lot more detail when a new skill is introduced. For example where does my thumb go? Why is trying to get the chord out so awkward? What should I practice and for how long? Is there a good forum to ask questions? :wink:

When I found the Justin Guitar learning program all of this was catered for.

My goal is to be able to sing and play my trusty el-cheapo Yamaha acoustic competently so I can justify spending all my spare cash on more guitars :laughing:

I’ve only been using Justin Guitar for a couple of weeks and I’ve noticed progress is getting faster already.

Looking forward to meeting more players in the community
Christian.

7 Likes

Hi Christian, a very warm welcome! You’ve found the right place to learn with Justin’s incredible program. Sure, that you’re steadily progressing when you’re following his course structure. Nice to have you here in the forum, which is very helpful as you meet a lot of people who are on the same path and share their experiences and give good advice. Have fun!

1 Like

Hi Christian, welcome and good to meet you. Your comments are so right in the differences and effectiveness of Justin’s method and course, you’ll continue to see your progress accelerate!
Keep us posted on how you’re getting on, great to have you in the community!

1 Like

Hey Christian, welcome to the community, good to hear from another Aussie, a few of us are lurking here. :slight_smile:

I started playing 10 years ago at the age of 53 thanks to Justin, and it just keeps getting better. Look forward to hearing more from you. There’s a group on the mid north coast on facebook as “Jammin’ Campers”. They have regular jams, I’ve been to a couple, one in the hunter valley and one at St Albans. They accept anyone of any level experience, it’s good fun.

1 Like

Hello Christian and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

I’m glad you managed to find Justin’s website and that it is helping you to get all your questions answered.

1 Like

Hi Christian, welcome to the community. Make good use of the help and encouragement to be found here, you’ll find plenty.

1 Like

Hello Christian, and a warm welcome to the community :hugs:.
Yes, Justin’s course and this community are the perfect place to continue your guitar journey. I was lucky and found Justin Guitar right at the beginning (I started about 7 months ago), and it helped me a lot :grinning:.
I wish you a great time and lots of spare cash :sweat_smile:.

1 Like

Hi Christian,
Welcome ,and i wish you above all a lot of fun,… :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Welcome to the Community Christian, enjoy your journey…very good travel companions over here :blush:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Christian

1 Like

Hi Christian and welcome from “just down the road” in Canberra

1 Like

Hi Christian and welcome :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hi and welcome! You will this community and Justins lessons extremly helpful.

1 Like

Hello Christian. A very warm welcome to the community. Learning from scratch in your 50s is already a great achievement. Keep going. You’ll soon be at your 1st anniversary and then you’ll hopefully be of the mind that this hobby is for life.
If you want any help or advice or support just ask.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator

Hi Christian
Welcome. I have only just started my journey at age 62 and, like you, have made progress already due to Justin’s teaching method.
I have also found a lot of support on this forum.
Look forward to following your continued progress. on "el-cheapo":smile:
Paul