Hi I'm Henry from New Zealand

I’m 13 yr right now, as the start of today 30th October 2022, my journey begins as a guitar player

9 Likes

Welcome to the Forum Henry. 13 is a great age to start your guitar journey I was 15 (1975) when I started and 47 year later I still enjoying playing.

1 Like

Welcome Henry. What a great age to start. Enjoy the journey! The sky is the limit for you!

2 Likes

Hey Henry, welcome to the forum. New Zealand is a great country, I’m a bit biased as my wife is originally from Napier and I played my first ever open mic just outside of Napier. Look forward to hearing more from you.

2 Likes

Hi Henry :slight_smile:
Very nice to meet you! Welcome to the Community
I’m so excited for you to be starting your guitar journey at 13!

2 Likes

Hi mate welcome to JG and guitaring!

Based in chc though no longer 13 haha

2 Likes

Hello Henry, and a warm Welcome to the community :hugs:.
I wished, I had already started my guitar journey at your age.
If you have any question or need some further support, this community is the perfect place for it :smiley:.
I wish you lots of fun with your six-string-friend and look forward to hear more from you :star_struck:.

2 Likes

Hi Henry,

Very nice to hear from you, have fun and I wish you a long lifetime of playing guitar :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

A good age to start Henry, you are sure in for a long ride if you stick with it, Welcome !
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to our community Henry. :slight_smile:

What a great age to start. I hope you enjoy your guitar journey.

2 Likes

Hey Henry, welcome and good on you getting going, you’re going to be even more awesome! :+1:

2 Likes

Hello and welcome Henry. Good luck with your guitar journey

2 Likes

Welcome Henry. Starting at your age you really do have a head start on most people here hope your journey is decades long

2 Likes

Hey Henry, wow, what a great age to be starting! Guitar can end up being like second nature to you. Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Hello Henry and welcome to the Community!

1 Like

Welcome to the community Henry. All the best learning guitar.

1 Like

Kia ora! Welcome Henry! :wave: :slightly_smiling_face: Great to have another Kiwi on here! I first picked up a guitar around 13 or 14 too but didn’t carry on with it until much later. Soooooo wish I had though!! It can be a bit tough on the fingers to start with and tricky maintaining motivation in your teens (with all the other possible distractions, especially these days!) but stick with it, your older self will thank you for it! JG is the best place to learn so you’re already off to a flyer! All the best, can’t wait to see you shredding down the track! :guitar::metal:

1 Like

Hello Henry.
A very warm (somewhat belated) welcome to the community.
I got my very first guitar for Christmas when I was a little younger. Here’s the proof - 1970s style all around haha.

But back then there was no internet, no JustinGuitar, nothing but books and - if you were lucky older people to show you a thing or two. I didn’t get very far at the time. I hope you can take the fantastic opportunity you have to learn from a great teacher and become the musician you dream of being, play the music you dream of playing.
Kudos and good vibes to you and good luck along the way.
Just ask if you need anything.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator

3 Likes