Hi I'm Iain, in Ireland, originally from South Africa

Hi Everyone

I have lived in Ireland for the past four years, originally from South Africa.

Had a resurgence in my guitars a couple of months ago after 15 years of no-shows. I wish I had the temperament 20 years ago to what I have now.

I will stay the course this time around. Playing has brought me immense pleasure (and frustration, stupid small hands), and all the tools, communities and teaching methods have made learning exciting and challenging.

Thanks to Justin and Team for a great site and content. Looking forward to my guitar journey.
Iain

8 Likes

Welcome to the community. Playing guitar just keeps giving me rewards. A challenge at first and a challenge to get better, but rewarding to the max.

2 Likes

Welcome Iain. Dom here. Also in Ireland. I’m not here long but the feedback and support from everyone is superb. You’ll enjoy yourself. Looking forward to hearing your stuff.

1 Like

Welcome the the forum Iain

1 Like

Hi Iain - welcome!

It doesn’t matter how or how long, only that you’ve got a guitar in you hands and smiling, good on you mate.

2 Likes

Welcome.

1 Like

Welcome Iain. You will find loads of advice and encouragement from the members of this community :+1:

3 Likes

Hi Iain,
Welcome and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,rogier

3 Likes

Hi Iain,

Welcome and nice to meet you. That’s great that you’ve rejuvenated your passion for the guitar again. Enjoy!!

Cate - Australia

1 Like

Welcome Iain, yeah just keeping at it is the trick, all the best with your journey! :guitar::sunglasses::+1:

2 Likes

Hello Iain, a very warm welcome to the community. You’ve come to the right place for guitar learning, guitar chat, help and support. Ask if you need anything. Cheers RIchard :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome Iain, that’s a familiar story so you’re in very good company here!!
Wishing you tons of fun in your journey :+1:

3 Likes

Welcome Iain. A lot of people here have had multiple attempts at starting so you are not alone.

2 Likes

Hello Iain and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Ha, yes, I’ve thought that many a time. :smiley:

1 Like

Hello Iain and welcome! There’s no immense pleasure without some frustration I’m afraid …but isn’t it all worth it!? :blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

Welcome Iain

Hope you have fun :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome to the community lain. If you are having fun, that will keep you coming back to the guitar. I know about the frustration of small hands, but over time you will overcome that problem as your fingers learn to adjust. Enjoy your guitar journey.

1 Like

Hi Iain, welcome. Good you have restarted your guitar learning; this time with better resources, better understanding of the task ahead, and the resolution to succeed.

1 Like

One right here! Welcome to the fantastical community. :slight_smile:
Rock on! Cheers! SOCIABLE! And peace out! :sunglasses: :v: :v:

1 Like

Hi Iain,

Never a better time to start again with all the tools available and don’t worry about small hands I feel your pain but need to find processes that work for you.
Good luck

A.

1 Like