Hi.. i'm Jagadeesh, India, New here

Hello everyone, Jagadeesh, 27. I’m new to learning music let alone to the Guitar. I was gifted an old acoustic guitar by my friend and I’m using it to learn.

Heard about justinguitar.com from Reddit and logged in to test it. finished module 1 and I love practicing guitar as justin makes me comfortable.

excited to be a part of this community.

Cheers!!

9 Likes

Hi Jagadeesh,
Welcome and i wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:,…you`r at the right place to learn the most of guitar…
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Welcome Jagadeesh. Enjoy the journey and the fun.

3 Likes

Hello Jagadeesh, and a warm Welcome to the community :hugs:.

What a wonderful gift you’ve got - a guitar. That’s fantastic. With Justin, you’ve also found a great teacher, and with this community a super place for questions, feedback, and motivation :blush:.

I wish you lots of fun with your six-string-friend :smiley:.

3 Likes

Welcome Jagadeesh.
Your friend has given you a gift for life :smiley:
I look forward to hearing it play one day.

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum Jagadeesh

3 Likes

Hey Jagadeesh, welcome to the community. I have worked with many Indians during my career and gained many good friends. Nice to hear you are enjoying practicing guitar, it is for me a particularly rewarding hobby.

One thing to check particularly with an older guitar is what the “action” is like. The action is the distance between the strings and the frets, if the action is too large, it makes the learning / playing much more difficult than it needs to be. Usually adjusting the action is not expensive, an experienced guitar technician / luthier would be able to advise. I mention this because I did struggle with poor action on an old guitar and it helped my progress getting it fixed.

3 Likes

Hey there Jagadeesh, great to meet you and congratulations on beginning your journey, you’re in for a treat!
Stay in touch and enjoy yourself, you’ll get any support you need as you progress from the Community. Good luck! :+1:

3 Likes

That’s awesome to hear, Jagadeesh! Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Welcome Jagadeesh. This is the perfect place to begin and to continue your guitar journey.

3 Likes

Hello Jagadeesh, a very warm welcome to the community. What a great gift you have been given. Congratulations on progressing through module 1.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi Jagadeesh and welcome to the community

2 Likes

Welcome Jagadeesh! :wave: Great to hear you’re enjoying learning guitar and getting into Justin’s course - he’s a great teacher eh?! :star_struck: :+1:
All the best with your journey! Looking forward to hearing more from you in the future :smiley:

2 Likes

Hello Jagadeesh and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Enjoy your journey, there is lots of fun ahead.

2 Likes

Hello Jagadeesh and welcome! I agree with you, the Community is an exciting place to be and here you can share your enthusiasm but also your difficulties and always find support! Enjoy your journey!

3 Likes

Welcome Jagadeesh have fun along the way :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi Jagadeesh welcome. Good you are enjoying your guitar practice. Do not forget to include songs appropriate to your skill level as part of your practice if you are not already doing so.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Jagadeesh

2 Likes

Welcome Jagadeesh. You came to the right place to learn guitar. The Justin guitar method is fantastic. Take it step by step and you will get there. I hope you enjoyed the festivals earlier this week:) How do I know about them? Well…I have about 55 or so employees based out of Bangalaru-great workers!

I suggest to try and record your progress so you can view how much you are improving each week. It really helps. Have a great day.

Jeff from California

2 Likes

sure Tony, I’ll look into it. thanks.

1 Like