Hi, I'm Michael from Maryland, USA

I’m 15, and my story starts with one night I couldn’t sleep, and I asked my brother, what is music theory? so he explained the basics, what are notes, chords, scales, etc. and from then on I just had a passion for music theory.

so I had all these instruments I wanted to play, like I had an entire list and my dad said to just start out with the guitar. but we didn’t have the money to get one, and what happened was I was trying to learning everything there is to guitar, for three months until I got one,

so now I have been practicing day and night for 6 months on JustinGuitar and I already made it to grade 3!

13 Likes

Welcome to the forum Michael

Thanks!

Welcome to JGC forum Michael,
Grade 3 already … well done.
I bet you are finding learning guitar with a guitar much more fun, but I am sure you gave yourself a good start from studying some music before that.
Keep practising, and enjoy learning and playing songs too. … :sunglasses:

Hi Michael, welcome to the community forum.

Welcom to the Michael, ENJOY yourself.

Congratulations, that’s awesome progress. Look forward to hearing more from you

Well done Michael! The sky is the limit with your age, proper structure and dedication. It looks like you have all three, so just keep going. I look forward to listening you playing.

Hi Michael,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun and a long life of playing :smiley: :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

Nice one Michael, terrific to meet you , love your enthusiasm, please keep it up and enjoy!!

Hi Michael, welcome to the community forum. Back in the day (30 odd years back) my son started learning to play guitar, he was 16 years old, and he got to be darn good and darn quick too. So here’s hoping you can stick with it. Good Luck.

Hi Michael
Welcome to the community :smiling_face:
I’m so happy you got your guitar :smiley:
best wishes on your guitar journey and many more hours of fun with it :sunflower:

Hi Michael
Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning: