Hi, I'm Ralph from North Carolina, USA

I have played the guitar off and on (mostly off!) for 20+ years. Now that I’m retired, I have the time to pick it up again. Glad to find Justin’s website and this community. I’ve just started Justin’s lessons, done the first 3 or 4. I really like his approach so far.

8 Likes

Taking up guitar is the retirement activity for a lot of us on here. Welcome!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Ralph

2 Likes

Hey Ralph, welcome to the community. I’ve got a brother in North Carolina, he lives somewhere near Raleigh. I certainly play the guitar even more now that I’m retired. Look forward to hearing more from you.

2 Likes

Hi Ralph, welcome to the community.

2 Likes

Hi Ralph,
Welcome ,and now you have the time on your side :sunglasses:
I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Welcome to the Community Ralph :blush:

2 Likes

I’m almost in the same boat except I have a few more years until retirement. In spite of, at the expense of a messy house I am logging lots of time and enjoying Justin’s app and teaching. Very effective even for a guy like me who is all thumbs!

1 Like

Hello Ralph and welcome aboard. :slight_smile:

Justin does have a great teaching style and because he seems like such a genuine guy, you just want to keep coming back for more.

1 Like

I have had a couple other teachers. But none have come close to the way JS goes about it! Truly happy there. Welcome!

Hello Ralph - great to see you have your retirement plan in hand and are going to be having a lot of music in your future.
Guitar is a great way to spend time and make music.
Be prepared for some good times and some frustrations.
The community is here to support folk and encourage and make friends as you go through either of those. Ask for help if you need it.
Cheers
Richard