Hi! I'm Rama from Indonesia

Hi everyone! My name is Rama from Indonesia. It’s my first time posting here. Started about 2 years ago, i’m into Rock, Pop, Blues , and Funk guitar playing and i would like to learn more about them. My music taste mainly revolves around japanese Pop and Rock. I’m also into classic Rock like Pink Floyd and The Beatles.

12 Likes

Hi Rama. Welcome to the Justin Guitar Community :guitar::guitar::musical_note::musical_note::ok_hand::ok_hand:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Rama

2 Likes

Hi Rama,
Welcome and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, Rama! :smiley:

Wish you loads of fun on your learning journey and hope you’ll show us some of the Japanese Rock sooner or later. :smiley:

Cheers - Lisa

2 Likes

Hello Rama

Welcome to the community!

I love to broaden my horizon and I lack knowledge of the Japanese music scene. The only thing I discovered through anime soundtracks is Yugo Kanno, but he is more soundtrack than songs. But his later JoJo work really was absolutely my alley and would love to know if there are some similar style fusion maniacs in the music scene maybe.

Would you mind dropping some recommendations of cool japanese rock and pop to check out? Maybe a good playlist you can recommend?
Can we look forward to hearing you maybe even play us some?

In any case, as always good ongoing journey with the 6-String :melting_face:

2 Likes

hey Rama, welcome to the community

2 Likes

Hi Rama, welcome to the community. I am also interested in examples of Japanese pop and rock. I do know that the Beatles were popular in Japan early on, because my book, The Beatles Complete Scores, was transcribed by 4 Japanese musicians.

2 Likes

Hi Rama! Welcome to the forum! All the best with your guitar journey :guitar: :sunglasses: :+1:

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, Rama.

2 Likes

Hi Rama, Welcome I wish you good success on your journey happy rocking :slight_smile:
A

2 Likes

Hello Rama and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Nice selection music taste there. Have fun.

2 Likes

Hi there! if you like Rock and some Jazz you might want to check bands like Casiopea. Their genre are called Jazz Fusion and i personally think that they are very good! especially if you love virtuous guitar playing. if you like some Pop-ish and funky stuff you might want to check out Japanese City Pop from artists like Tatsuro Yamashita, Mariya Takeuchi, and Masayoshi Takanaka. And for your taste i think you might want to check out Persona 5 ost because as far as i know Yugo Kanno music is a fusion between Jazz and Rock. Cheers!

2 Likes

Welcome Rama, hope you’ve been having fun learning these last couple of years. Look forward to hearing more from you!

2 Likes

Hi Rama,
Nice to meet you. Good luck with your guitar journey.
Best wishes,
Alan

2 Likes

Hi Rama, welcome. This is a great resource with great people here.

2 Likes

Hi Rama, welcome. When listening Japanese Pop and Rock listen to what makes their sound characteristic and distinct from western Pop and Rock, so when playing either one you can give each one their distinctive flavour. Have fun.

1 Like

Hello Rama. Welcome to JustinGuitar and the Community. It’s great you have found Justin’s lessons, he offers structure and a sure path to follow from the very beginning. Thousands and thousands have learned using his lessons. If you need any help with a lesson specific question or with any general guitar learning question then do not hesitate to ask. There are many good folk here who will happily offer help and encouragement to those coming up behind them on Justin’s Beginner Courses. They embody and carry the pay-it-forward ethos we have nurtured for many years in our community. There are many old hands too who have years and (hopefully) a bit of wisdom they can bring as they give their support to those hitting the road blocks - which we all do.
Just ask if you need anything.
Cheers :slight_smile:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Community Moderator.