Hi, I'm Scott from Massachusetts

Hey all! I’ve been “dabbling” at the guitar for the last 20 years, and now that I’m retired, I’m ready at 62 to finally commit to this instrument I love. Justin Guitar has been my go-to source and I’m just dipping my toe into the community. I’ve always done better as part of a team and look forward to learning from others journey here. My immediate goal is to play at an open mic night in January 2025, so I’m working toward that, finding some local people to play with…and filling these next two spots on the wall!
Guitar Wall

9 Likes

Welcome to the forum Scott

1 Like

Hi Scott ,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

There is no better time than now to start or to really tackle it properly, especially now that you have all the time, I wish you a wonderful retirement :sunglasses:

Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Welcome to the community Scott!

1 Like

I’m with you on this one, Scott! You’ve come to the right place, whatever your personal version of “team” is. Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Welcome aboard, Scott! :slight_smile:

Great you finally got the time to dig into guitar land deeply - wish you loads of fun and joy on your way! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Scott & Welcome!!!

I think you’ll find that this is a friendly place to hang out & talk about all things guitar (with lots of other stuff thrown in!)

As far as those empty guitar hangers… what types of music are you attracted to playing? I’m sure that if you let us know, you’ll get some suggestions…

I recommend looking at D’Angelico guitars. I have 3 of their electrics (1 hollow body, 1 jazz & blues style semi-hollow & 1 double cutaway for all around playing) & 1 acoustic & can’t speak highly enough of the quality, feel & sound that they offer. Aesthetically pleasing as well…

Have fun with your Journey!

Tod in New Mexico

1 Like

HI Scott, welcome. I’m originally from Worcester, living in Michigan now. This is indeed the place to be. Glad you joined!

1 Like

Thanks, Tod. I saw them a few years ago in CO, but didn’t get a chance to play them. Beautiful guitars and will take a look. Thanks again!

1 Like

Hi Scott,

Welcome to the community. :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Scott, welcome to the community forum.

1 Like

Just curious as we all have our opinions, have you dreamed what guitars you’d like in those two spots?

And of course welcome to this great community

1 Like

Currently leaning toward a couple of classics, Tele and a Les Paul. …But there are so many other good choices, so the wall may have to expand :wink:

Hi Scott.
Welcome to JustinGuitar and this fantastic community. Please take your time to look around and get to know the wider space.
https://community.justinguitar.com/categories

We are a supportive and encouraging group of students and guitarists from across the world. Essentially, we are all here for music and to improve as players. We truly are a ‘community’. Members help and support one another and a friendly, positive attitude underpins this. We hope that all - young or old, experienced or new players - adopt and foster the pay-it-forward ethos that Justin personifies and embedded all those years ago when he started the website and forum.

Also, please make sure to read the community etiquette announcement for some important information and guidance.

Richard
:grinning: