Hi I'm Stephen from Northern Ireland 37 y.o

Hello everyone,
My name is Stephen and basically I have just discovered this part of justin’s site.
I have owned a squire strat for several years, which never got the serious attention it deserved, and I wondered why I wasn’t getting better quicker. Last new year I decided to start from the beginner course grade 1 again… But properly. I am now consolidating my beginner knowledge by working through the old lessons. I pick the guitar up everyday and I am really enjoying it… Which is the main thing. I like that this community exists and feel it is a great way to talk to people going through the same process a d maybe get some pointers along the way. :relaxed:

4 Likes

Hi Stephen welcome to the forum!

Well done for giving learning another go and sticking with it its not easy.

My advice so far is to ignore all those people who warn against GAS

1 Like

Thanks Rob… So I had no idea what GAS meant. Searched topics and realised that anybody warning me against gas would be too late anyway. Haha. Lockdown encouraged it :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Hi Stephen :wave:,

Welcome to the community :blush:

That’s the point. Keep enjoying :guitar::metal:

2 Likes

That’s fantastic. Keep at it. We visited Northern Ireland and 2006 and thoroughly enjoyed our time there. Welcome to the community.

1 Like

My advice is that GPS is far better to catch for improving yourself with the guitar as compared to GAS.

Hi Stephen!
Welcome!
Hope to see you and your strat. On a video soon :grin:

Hi,
Glad you’re enjoying yourself. The Community is a great resource.
Good that you’re now playing every day :+1:t2:
Liz

1 Like

Hi Steven welcome to the community. Glad to see you’re restarting your playing never any harm to go back to beginning. I remember doing that several times during the Old beginners course. Slow and steady wins the day. Any questions just shout out plenty of people here to help out.
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Glad you’ve found the Community, Stephen. I think it is one of the things that really sets learning guitar through JustinGuitar apart from other options. Have fun and look forward to you joining in.

1 Like

Thanks @tony. I am going to assume Guitar practice schedule? Hope I’m not breaking some unwritten rule by saying it in full lol

Thanks @tRONd. Maybe… Lol
I watched your 1st video… Losing my religion. I felt every word. Brilliant performance

1 Like

That’s a good one… I was thinking Guitar Playing Syndrome.

Welcome aboard, Stephen.
I’m not aware of many from Nor’n Iron here :wink:
Look forward to hearing a bit more from you (esp. twanging the 6-string)

1 Like

Ha. Thanks Brian. Hopefully, once I build some confidence and the ability to upload, I will join in to represent the GAWA.

1 Like

Hello Stephen and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

Hi Stephen, welcome to the community! I think for many of us having the positive vibes and support of this wonderful community is just as important to the journey as Justin’s fantastic lessons. I know it really helps keep me going when I start to stall and get discouraged. Looking forward to seeing you around and hearing and seeing you play sometime in #record-yourself-progress-performance:audio-video-of-you-playing !

1 Like