Hi, I'm Susan from Surrey in the UK

I started learning guitar in Nov 2018 when I was 46. I have a family and part time admin job and it’s taken me a while to get where I am now. I used pockets of my free time to start working my way through the practical lessons and theory course. I really like learning to play my favourite songs and using the theory to help me understand them, The song I’m most proud I learned is Hotel California by the Eagles. I love to play along to this. It took me a really long time to learn and I still can’t quite keep up with the solo but I keep trying!

24 Likes

hey welcome Suzan , sounds like steady progress being made, sometimes hard to fit time in !

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Susan

1 Like

Welcome, Susan!!!

1 Like

Hi Susan welcome. Not so easy to get sometimes that time slot to play the guitar, but as you’ve probably found, short and more or less frequent practice brings sooner or later progress (better regular practice, but life isn’t perfect and it hasn’t to be). Good you are proud of your progress with Hotel California.

1 Like

Hey Susan, that’s awesome progress. Welcome to the community. Look forward to hearing more from you.

1 Like

Welcome Susan! :wave: :smiley:

1 Like

Hello Susan and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

As long as you are having fun, that is all that matters. That solo sure does look complicated but keep at it and you will get there.

1 Like

Hi Susan,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:
Nice that you step out the “shadow”,and it sounds that you’re having a good time :smiley:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Welcome to the community, Susan :wave:

1 Like

Good to meet you Susan and welcome to the Community!

1 Like

Welcome Susan.

1 Like

Hello Susan… Welcome to the community :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for the welcome, I appreciate it!

2 Likes

Welcome, Susan!

1 Like

Welcome Susan!!

1 Like

Hello Susan, juggling family, work and a whole host of other parts of life and still giving yourself time to learn and play music. Fab. :slight_smile: A warm welcome to the community.

Susan, welcome to the community.

1 Like