Hi Melanie from Denmark

I started following Justins guitar course a few months back - I had never touched a guitar, but with empty nest syndrome, I thought it was time for a hobby that could take me into later life. I am 57. I was recommended to buy a 3/4 guitar, as I have small hands - and then switch later on. Even so I still find chords and chord changes difficult - now on the Amin, Dmin and Emin. It is good to have the videos so I can go back time and again. Not really into Apps but I have just bought one of Justins beginners books as they are easier for me to follow. Not really into chats/facebook either so this is also new to me being part of this community.

7 Likes

Hi Melanie and welcome.

I’m not really into social media either but find this site very welcoming.

Take your time and enjoy the process :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Welcome. I’m part Danish; my paternal grandmother came to the United States from Denmark (Ålborg) when she was a young girl. She taught us a few Danish words when we were kids, but I never could pronounce them correctly.

Those chord changes will eventually become second-nature. Just stay with Justin’s program and it will happen.

1 Like

Welcome Melanie. I have lots of good memories of Denmark as I spent over 7 years working in Copenhagen and still have a lot of friends there. Good luck with your guitar journey!

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Melanie

1 Like

Hey Melanie, welcome to the community, like you I started playing 10 years ago when I was in my 50s, those chord changes are hard at first but they do get better for sure. Hang in there. Look forward to hearing more from you.

1 Like

Hej Melanie and welcome :smiley:
I’m half-Danish (the ‘bad’ half :laughing:)
Enjoy the journey!

1 Like

Hey and welcome!

Doing good. Keep it up. It will get better and easier.

1 Like

Hi Melanie and welcome to the Community! I find this is a very supportive place for guitar learners and different from wider social media.

3 Likes

Welcome Melanie, here is another one who discovered guitar late in her life, at 53. It has become a very important and precious part of my life. Steady practice will improve your chord changes, they will become more natural with time.
This community is so helpful and differs a lot of social media as there is respect and helpfulness. You’ve found a good place!

1 Like

Hi Melanie, welcome to the community. Wishing you all the best with your journey :wave:

1 Like

Hi Melanie,
Welcome ,and i wish you a lot of fun,… :sunglasses:

And i hope that in time you will like you-tube also as a new thing :sunglasses:
I myself could never have thought that I would ever post something there (not facebook, pinterest, linkedin etc),…but that can of course also be completely invisible/ closed and only visible to us here,…you know never,…but most of all i wish you lots of fun,…
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Melanie,

Welcome to the forum. I have been with Justin Guitar for more than 2 years. My suggestion of lessons learned is don’t rush and take it one step at a time. Justin is not offering a degree in music theory so the knowledge is most critical. I find that if you record yourself and your playing then watch it later you will see how much progress you make. This is that absolute best guitar course out there I have seen anywhere, paid or free. A lot of us are older and started either as a struggling guitar player or new to it, myself included. The reward of your hard work will be amazing. I have been to Denmark once many years ago (Esbjerg). I really loved the Danish people I met. Good luck on the journey.

Jeff from San Diego, CA USA

1 Like

Hello Melanie, and a warm Welcome to the community :hugs:.
You’ve found a fantastic place to start and proceed your guitar journey :smiley:.

I started mine a few months ago, as well. Chord changes are still hard (depending on the chords :wink:), but slowly get easier.

But imagining that I will play some Christmas Carols tomorrow under the Christmas tree, while I didn’t know, how to hold a guitar only few months ago, gives my a great feeling :blush:.

I wish you lots of fun with your six-string-friend and look forward to hearing more from you :grinning:.

1 Like

Hello Melanie and welcome to the community. I hope your guitar learning and new musical adventure brings you many years of fun and happiness. It will bring some inevitable frustrations.
Ask if you need anything.
Cheers :smiley:
| Richard_close2u | JustinGuitar Official Guide, Approved Teacher & Moderator

Hello Melanie and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

I’m better with books as well. Plus they look nice on my shelf.

1 Like

Hello and welcome to the community Melanie. Have fun :grinning:

1 Like

You don’t ice skate also?

Stay safe

1 Like