Hi, Muzz here from Auckland New Zealand

I am retired and have just started learning the guitar. Justin’s web site is so helpful and gives me the structure I need to learn.

4 Likes

hey welcome from another kiwi, several of us around!

1 Like

Hi Rob, great to hear I’m not the only one. Didn’t think I was really.

1 Like

Hey Rob, welcome to the community, great to see another kiwi here. My wife is a Napier girl. I retired a bit over 3 years ago and am thoroughly enjoying the extra time it gives me to play. I played my first ever open mic on the North Island.

1 Like

Hi Tony, my wife & I were originally from Napier. There last week actually.Congrats on your first open mic - all went well I hope. I can’t even think what that would be like.

1 Like

Hi Muzz, and welcome! You’re spot on, Justin’s website is a superb resource! The community here are also great too, lots of friendly folk offering advice :slight_smile: I’m another kiwi as well, from the other end of the country though, down south in Dunedin. Looking forward to hearing more from you about your guitar journey. Cheers! :guitar: :sunglasses: :+1:

2 Likes

My open mic was at the Rose Cafe in Clive. I also jammed with others at an Irish pub in the CBD of Napiers. We came over (from Queensland) for the Art Deco weekend and had a ball. The picture of us in Art Deco costumes with friends even made the local paper. That was 10 years ago.

The open mic went well, the crowd was very kind. I learned heaps. Have nearly 100 open mics now. They are certainly a great learning experience and when they go well, heaps of fun and when they don’t it’s tough.

3 Likes

Welcome Muzz! My husband spent a lot of time in Dunedin over the years, still claims it as his favorite place in the world!
Just curious…do any of you Kiwis listen to Matinee Idle on RNZ? I suppose it appeals to folks of a certain age, with possibly not-too-high standards. :rofl: We tune in from Oregon in the U.S.

2 Likes

Welcome Muzz :wave:

2 Likes

From one Muz to another, welcome. Nice to have you here with us. I hope your guitar journey gives you as much joy as I have got from mine.

1 Like

Hi Muz, welcome to the community

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to our community Muzza. :slight_smile:

Enjoy.

2 Likes

Hi Muzz,
Welcome and i wish you all the fun you can handle with the huge amount of free time you’ve been given since retirement :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Hi Muzz, welcome to the gang.

R.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, Muzz :hugs:.

1 Like

Thanks Judi - Dunedin is a great place but a bit cold for me :cold_face:

1 Like

Thank you

2 Likes

Thank you - looking forward to it.

1 Like

Thank you Muz - early days but absolutely loving it.

1 Like

Hello Muzz, welcome to JustinGuitar and the community.
You couldn’t have found a better place for great lessons and a great community of people.
If you have any questions just ask.
Cheers
Richard