Hi - New to the forum, I'm Paul from Somerset, England

Hi, I’m Paul.I’m hoping that this ‘old dog’ is capable of learning to play a new instrument. I played the acoustic guitar during my school years, and as I’m nearing 60 that was a long time ago now. A couple of years ago I inherited an American made Fender Stratocaster, to be honest I’ve picked it up many times and attempted to rekindle my long lost guitar skills, which weren’t that good when I had a great deal more dexterity in my hands than I have nowadays. My neighbours tell me I’m the worst guitar player in the world, several are considering moving home!! - so to give them a bit of respite and improve their ear drums, I’m starting from scratch and have signed up to Justin Guitar. I’m hoping a vast improvement in my skills will result in at least one invite to a neighbouring bbq next year.
So I’m open to all help and suggestions. There are no music shops locally and no where I can go to get some face to face lessons - so here goes…

5 Likes

Hey Paul, welcome to the forum. I learned to play guitar 10 years ago mainly thanks to Justin Guitar. There’s a lot of goodness in the beginners section. Keep at it and you’ll be amazed at what fun it is. And rewarding. Good luck.

1 Like

Hi Paul, welcome to the community. Stick with it and before you know it those bbq invites will be coming thick and fast😀

1 Like

Hiya Paul and welcome!
I’m sure you’re not that bad, maybe your neighbours are just uncultured :wink::joy:.

You’ve found the perfect course and teacher in Justin, take your time and enjoy. Fire away with any questions, this place is great.

All the best and look forward to hearing how you get on :+1:

2 Likes

Hi Paul, a warm welcome to the forum, good to hear, that you’ve picked up your guitar again.

I’m sure, if you refresh your skills with Justin’s course, you’ll blow them away in a year or two… :slightly_smiling_face:
Have fun and enjoy learning!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum Paul

1 Like

Welcome Paul. Follow the course and you will be performing at a BBQ soon enough.

1 Like

Welcome to the community, Paul. Stick to the path laid out by Justin and you will be playing at bbq’s next year.

2 Likes

Hello and welcome to the Community! I also started in my teens and gave up. A bit of struggle to correct the wrong pre-knowledge but with Justin’s lessons I made it and I’m now very happy with my guitars! Never stop working on your fundamentals and follow the path…to those Bbqs!

1 Like

Many thanks for the early encouragement all

2 Likes

Hi Paul.
A very warm welcome to the community.
Go through the entire beginners course, piece by piece, step by step. Breeze through the areas you already have some skill - if you can form chords and make chord changes then check against other lessons to ensure good habits and technique. And, as you go, learn songs, learn songs, learn songs.
Cheers
Richard :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Paul. It was a battered old inherited guitar that started me off and i’m eternally grateful. Stick with it, it will get easier. Promise.

1 Like

Hello Paul, and a warm welcome to the community :hugs:.
With some practice and patience, your neighbours will soon be very grateful, having you living nearby :smiley: .
I wish you a wonderful journey with your six-string-friend :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Hello and welcome to our community Paul. :slight_smile:

The neighbours will be round singing before you know it and what do they know anyway? :smiley:

1 Like

Many thanks all - I’m steadily starting to work through section 1

2 Likes

Hi Paul, welcome to the community! I liked your story :sweat_smile: Anyway, you’re in the right place!

1 Like

Hi Paul, welcome. Justin Guitar lessons and your dedication can improve your guitar skills and take you to those BBQs and beyond.

Hello and welcome Paul, keep playing I’m sure the neighbours are just jealous :rofl: have fun along the way :smiley: