Hi there! Paul from Plymouth moving over from the old forum

Howdy all
I’m Paul from Plymouth in South West of England, 46 year old beginner. Been on the forum for a while but don’t think I did the introduction.
It’s great to see so many others of similar age, and older, picking up a guitar for the fist time. Age it seems is no barrier!

I have a Yamaha Pacific 112v and a Positive Grid Spark amp. Want to get to the point I can just pick it up and play covers with confidence. Been trying for just over a year but had a few months in there where I couldn’t dedicate any time for various reasons. Really want to put some time in this year.

1 Like

Greetings, Paul. There is no time like the present to recommit to your learning path. 20 minutes a day is all you need if you utilize the practice assistant after you watch the lesson videos.

1 Like

Hello Paul and welcome to the community.

1 Like

Hi Paul and welcome.

Yep age is not the barrier, attitude and dedication are the killers. If you can commit and have them, then you are on a good path.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Welcome to the dark side Paul

1 Like

Hello and welcome Paul. :slight_smile:

You should find inspiration here to help you continue your guitar journey.

1 Like

Hi Paul and welcome. Yep keep dropping in you’ll find good advice here. If you want to record your progress try the #all-about-your-music:audio-video-of-you-playing part of the community.

1 Like

Howdy Paul! You are :100: % correct - age is no reason to deny the dream of learning guitar! Since you are coming over from the old forum you must already know what a supportive and enthusiastic group of people hang out here, so welcome!

1 Like