Hi this mark from the UK

Hi my name is Mark for the UK. I’ve had a Guitar for nearly 20 years never really had a chance to play, then just after lockdown I thought I’d have another go. The guitar had steel strings and hurt my fingers lots, I heard that nylon strings was better for a learner so I bought a second-hand guitar, big mistake as it wasn’t in good condition so my wife said how much would a new one be. So I found myself proud of a new Yamaha C40. I have now upgraded to a steel string Tanglewood guitar because I now have calluses on my fingers. But I’m a real beginner and I’m really enjoying the level I course in particular the one minute challenge which is a challenge as I may 52 year old ex-HGV mechanic his fingers don’t like them too much.

3 Likes

Hiya mate :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Mark!! Welcome :grin:
Hang in there and enjoy the journey!

1 Like

Hi Mark! I’m relearning after many years (and have re-earned my calluses). Good on you finding solutions to issues with playing. There are lots of folks here with good experience that can advise you. Good luck. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great stuff Mark, I started at the age of 53 and 10 years later still playing and loving it. The one minute chord changes really helped me in the early days.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community, Mark. Take each lesson slow and steady and you’ll make progress, learn to play. Have fun.

1 Like

Hello Mark and welcome to the community. :slight_smile:

I’m glad the fingers have now toughened up. Once you have those one minutes changes under your belt they’ll be no stopping you.

1 Like

Hi Mark. Welcome to the community where you’ll find plenty of inspiration.
When I get frustrated with whatever I’m working on, I come here to find motivation among fellow travellers.

2 Likes

Welcome Mark. Seems like you are already collecting guitars :grinning:

1 Like

Hi Mark and welcome to the community.
You have waited 20 years to pick it up and here you are, a budding musician.
You have come to the right place for the best learning and a community of people who are helpful, encouraging and stepped along the same path you are treading.
Cheers
Richard
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Mark!

Feel welcome and share your questions and leanrings with us! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Mark, welcome. Justin will lead you through your learning one challenge at the time. If the challenge you have on hand looks too difficult today you can try again the next day. After a few days you’ll be able to move to the next challenge and when you less expect it you will playing basic versions of actual songs.

1 Like