Highway to Hell (Cover)

Goes without saying Stefan!! Of course, every bit of reason too be proud of this one! :metal:

2 Likes

Playing catch-up after some time away from the Community and delighted to have spotted this Stefan. Delightful to see you broaden your horizons and debut the electric rocking out thang. And with a little help from your friends you most certainly produced a maiden recording to be proud of.

As an aside, IMHO you have produced many acoustic troubadour-style recordings to be proud of … at least I’d have been proud to deliver just like your performances.

Agree with all the positives, so to offer a little food for thought, which is purely opinion rather than correction.

I’ve not listened to the original in a while but maybe the tone was a little dark? Not a big deal and only worth further contemplation if you have that urge to chase as near to original as possible tones. Your guitar sound was fabulous, no idea how you produced it. Maybe you’ve done that the AC/DC way or perhaps just gone with a traditional overdriven grunge sound. As I say, not a big deal, just a curiosity.

I’d have liked the guitar a little louder in your mix, louder than if one referenced the original mix. My reason being I really want to hear you and the backing is more context and background interest. If I really want to listen to the song just to enjoy the song then I’ll play the original song or album.

That said, I found it interesting to listen to the bass. Nothing fancy. Shows the power of a great rocking riff, supported by solid bass and drums.

Long live rock n roll!

Tip my hat, excellent job all round!

2 Likes

Hello Stefan, at the last OM singing ‘I wanna be a rockstar’, and now performing like a real one :star_struck:. Your learning curve seems to be quite steep at the moment :smiley:. Congratulations to this excellent performance :clap::+1::grinning:.

Beautiful and great sounding guitar, by the way :blush:.

That’s one of the reasons, why I love playing my acoustic - no fancy stuff and technical skills needed :see_no_evil:.

I’m curious which song you’re going to choose next to surprise us :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

Hi Stefan,

“Livin’ easy” - that’s the way to be.
Rocked it like a good un’.
Tight to the rhythm - channeling some Malcolm.

Great job.

Digger

1 Like

Stefan, apologies for not commenting on day one when it dropped. I did listen. Promise.
That was fab. I was super-impressed with the tone you dialed in. It reminded me of my great neglect in that department. Sigh.
Memory fails me and I can’t find your learning log (do you have one?). I thought you had a butterscotch tele, a uke a new acoustic another electric you were revamping. Where’d the LP come from? :rofl:
Hey, it suits you and you rock just as well as you ballad.
Go man!

1 Like

Stefan that was a stellar job, you are definitely ready to move on to G3 with this skill, well done my friend! Also what a great guitar, hope it serves you well!

1 Like

@DavidP Thank you David. I wish I could stop being so self-critical of my playing. I learn a song and I’m like, whoa, this is great and then after a few plays I think I sound boring. Just something head wise I’m going to have to try to overcome. The tone I grabbed a file from the internet and then just added some boost from my amp, as I thought it sounded a little flat. Also, on the guitar volume, I thought it best to work the volume level as though I was part of the band but thank you for the tip and I’ll up it a little on my next recording.

@NicoleKKB Thanks Nicole :smiley: I’m trying to bring lots on new things in to my playing, as I think we need to keep it as fresh as possible.

@Digger72 Thanks Stephen, I’m glad you thought I was channelling some Malc.

@brianlarsen Not a problem Brian. It’s a real rabbit hole the tone thing. After Keith saying about just experimenting I’ve started playing with my amp a little more, though this tone was an internet one, so I can’t take credit for it, well just a little tweak. No, I don’t have a learning log, didn’t think it was my sort of thing. You are correct, sir, I do have a butterscotch Tele and a Uke and one I’m revamping but I had some money left over from all of that and this bad boy was just calling to me :smiley:

@adi_mrok Thank you Adi, I’m glad you thought so. Yes, grade 3 here I come.

1 Like

Not much to add from above, just really enjoyed that! Thanks for sharing. :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks for the listen and comments @Malz

Hell yeah, that sounded awesome!! :slight_smile:

If you’re interested in getting into soloing, then this one is actually not a bad place to start. I’m pretty sure you would be able to play most if not all of it. Perhaps taking it a few licks at a time?

Rock on!!

1 Like

Awesome song! Great cover. Well done

1 Like

@Kasper Thanks :smiley: I did look at doing the solo on it but thought it a little too hard at the moment but one for a little further down the line I think.

@Mark76 Thanks for the listen and the comment Mark.

Hey, great job. The guitar is great too. The timing and the pauses are tough, and I think you got it right.

1 Like

Thank you for the listen and the comments Paul they are appreciated.

Great job playing that song ! Covering such an iconic song is not easy. You did well !

Keep on rocking! You gave me the motivation to learn that song.

Nice guitar. Is it an Epiphone Les Paul Standard 60s - Iced Tea ? (https://www.long-mcquade.com/164744/Guitars/Electric-Guitars/Epiphone/Les-Paul-Standard-60s---Iced-Tea.htm)

My music store has a 200$ rebate on it, I have to admit that my GAS is triggered, but I’m lost with all the LP models : Muse, standard, classic etc.

1 Like

Great job! I liked it.

1 Like

Very well done!! You definitely got some tricky rhythm going on there, and you nailed it.

Now the next question is……when are you going to sing it too?! Just kidding. AC/DC is extremely difficult to sing.

Awesome guitar work though Stefan. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

@GNS Thanks, I’m glad you enjoyed it.

@Traveler Ha, I did consider vocals but only for about 10 seconds and then I let that silly idea go :smiley: . Thanks.

@math07 Thank you. Yes, that is the same guitar. If you can afford it, get it I say. It’s a lovely instrument.

Very good @SgtColon that was well played!

1 Like

Thank you for the listen and the comment Kayd.