Hip Hip Hooray! šŸ˜ƒ

Sorry to read that. Hope you wonā€™t have to wait too long! At least you have learnt to be patient due to your guitar learning :wink:.

1 Like

Thoughts with thee Brian

1 Like

Abuse the situation :thinking: Karma bit you in the backside

how crazyā€¦in the ā€œopenā€ my keyboard is much less friendly :smile:
Well :mending_heart:

1 Like

In Helsinki last year they postponed my father in laws heart operation in a similar way. When he finally got his turn, everything went according to textbook or even better than that.

Meaning, Brian, this looks like a positive sign. Everything will go perfectly fine in your case as well :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That is rubbish news Brian. I hope you are able to get it over and done with soon. :slight_smile:

They stab him with their steely knives but they just canā€™t kill the beast :rofl:

7 Likes

Thatā€™s from a song isnā€™t it? I remember that line, just cannot pinpoint the songā€¦ :thinking:

Done? And everything went well?

1 Like

Ā«Mirrors on the ceiling
The pink champagne on ice
And she said, 'We are all just prisoners here
Of our own device"
And in the masterā€™s chambers
They gathered for the feast
They stab it with their steely knives
But they just canā€™t kill the beastĀ»

Any recalls now @JokuMuu ?

And hey Brian!! You have never looked better!! All good?

3 Likes

Hi Brian,
had been thinking for a few days that it all took a bit long :persevere: ā€¦but they are ready now :smiley: :sweat_smile:ā€¦happy tripping :sunglasses: :grin: ā€¦ now Iā€™m probably too late for my tip ā€¦ did you asked some of your bone ?, you can make nice picksā€¦or a new nut on the guitar neck :grin:

Hope you are feeling well :mending_heart:

:kissing_heart:

2 Likes

@brianlarsen new pair of dancing shoes in your future. Have a speedy recovery

1 Like

Hotel California

Thanks @Trond. That did help indeed :grin:

Seems I have still been in a coma after a torturous work day with next to nothing to doā€¦ :laughing:

2 Likes

Looking ready to do the hippy hippy shake Brian. May your recovery be swift and smooth.

1 Like

I assume, this is a ā€œbeforeā€ picture? And we get an ā€œafterā€ picture soon?
Again: best wishes!

1 Like

If this is post op, looking good Big Man. Speedy recovery. :+1:

1 Like

Hi Brian, best of luck in your hip surgery. I hope it goes as well as it did with my dad with 2 hip replacement surgeries. In both cases he felt better when he awoke than the day before the surgery. In a few years, at the age of 70, he won a blue ribbon in a regional senior games competition, a 1K power walk I believe.

1 Like

Iā€™m taking it from the song lyrics Brian that you are now like Steve Austin (the original one), so I wish you a speedy road to recovery and may you soon be playing your guitar again. Though you look good enough to be playing your uke in that chair. :slight_smile:

All the best (beast? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:), Brian! :hugs: Looking good there mate! :star_struck: :+1: Hope you are doing well post(?)-surgery. Been missing your witty repartee and inspirational tonal journeys :guitar: :sunglasses: Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be back up and running in no time! :running_man::dash:

Hello Brian, you look pretty good on the photo. I hope, youā€™re also feeling well :slightly_smiling_face:.
And in the not so funny moments, maybe this helps a bit:

I wish you a quick recovery and look forward to see you back at the forum with your guitar :guitar::smiley:.

2 Likes

Well, thank you all for your wonderful support and well-wishes

After an initial burst of post-op enthusiasm, I fell down to Earth with a bump, realizing that I am sadly not the superman I thought I was, and the Kryptonite of broken sleep not only saps my energy, but even worseā€¦ my mojo :frowning_with_open_mouth:
Every day a little more mobility and things are looking brighter.
Even though I havenā€™t been commenting at all, I have enjoyed refreshing the ā€˜latestā€™ button during my convalescence. Thank you all for keeping me entertained. There are a couple of posts I will probably go back and comment on (please donā€™t be offended if I miss you out), but will just jump into the river a bit farther downstream

I picked up the guitar again the yesterday and am looking forward to getting back into the saddle :smiley:

8 Likes

Glad to hear all went well and your back with your new hip strumming your guitar in preparation for the next OM :smiley: