Hip Hip Hooray! šŸ˜ƒ

@nzmetal was asking on a different thread whether Iā€™d be sharing new tones from my new toy pedalā€¦ Well, probably, but not in the near future :thinking:

The pain-relief genie no longer appears when I rub my sore hip, so Iā€™m trading new lamps for old and having a replacement next Friday. Yay! :smiley:
I know many people in the UK complain about the NHS, but itā€™s always the disasters/lack of care we hear about. Good news rarely makes headlines. Two cataract surgeries and one hip replacement (for free), within the year, is decent treatment in my book :smiley:
On the guitar front Iā€™m hoping a few grains of narcotic analgaesia might inspire my muse for the next open mic. Otherwise, Iā€™ll just have to scrape the barrel for something nobody knowsā€¦

All ā€˜good wishesā€™ and ā€˜get well soonsā€™ gratefully acknowledged in advance, so click the ā€˜likeā€™ button if you must, but no need to comment :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Have a nice weekend yā€™all

33 Likes

Good luck with your surgery mate. You will soon be a completely new Brian.

1 Like

You can experiment with some Hip Hop post Op !!
:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Nowā€¦I just hope this wonā€™t be inappropriate but I hope itā€™s not because youā€™ve been over dancing Celentanoā€™s tunes in your youth! :see_no_evil: :wink::sunglasses:
Take care of yourself Brian ā€¦ and all the best wishes :blush:

1 Like

Ohh!! Im looking forward to the stuff you come up with after being heavily sedated on premium drugs :rofl::rofl::rofl: this should be great!!

All the best wishes Brian and a good and speedy recoveryā€¦ have my fingers :crossed_fingers: for you :grin:

4 Likes

Hi Brian,
No like just a comment :grin:
I wish your doctor a good nightā€™s sleep these days :sunglasses:

mending_heart

2 Likes

What must I read here? ā€œCan Old Dogs get new hips?ā€ Time takes its toll, our bones and joints start to crunch, thatā€™s for sure and as long body parts can be replacedā€¦hmpfā€¦no, all jokes aside, you have a lot to take this year and I wish you all the best for your surgery and recovery! :hibiscus:
Iā€™m sure you will use the time to surprise us with something new you hatched during rehabilitation.
@roger_holland and I and all the others around here will keep your seat warm and keep our fingers crossed that everything goes fine!
Donā€™t watch too many weird music videos of obscure bands while recovering :wink:

6 Likes

Good luck with it all Brian. The key thing is the post op physio. Stick at it, force yourself to do it and youā€™ll give yourself the best chance of a quick recovery and a successful outcome. :+1:

3 Likes

Best wishes Brian!! :bouquet: :sunflower:
(Yes, ā€˜mustā€™ click, and yes, also ā€˜needā€™ to comment! )
Hope it all goes well and you recover quickly :mending_heart:
Say hi to your muse for me, Iā€™m sure youā€™ll get some great inspo! :smiley:

1 Like

All the best, Brian! :hugs:

Canā€™t wait to see what gems this might produce! :face_with_spiral_eyes::crazy_face::partying_face: :guitar::sunglasses::rofl:

1 Like

Hi Brian, apparently James Joyce had 17 operations on his eyes, you are in good company sir. :face_with_monocle: :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Hi Brian,
Sorry to anyone who clicks on this link ā€¦own fault ā€¦terrible earworm ,but because of you Brian this song is in my head all the time sinds a couple of day`s ā€¦( and it gives me a smile too :scream:???) Phonetic singing said about you hip all the time ā€¦and so I see you dancing with it also and then the way when you were miming a solo a time ago :joy:
I hope that iā€™m done with it now for some hours now i shared itā€¦sorry again everyone iā€™ve burdened nowā€¦but heyā€¦ itā€™s a summer song and itā€™s bloody hot here :smile:

A song for Brian

Greetingsā€¦ :ice_cube: :ice_cube: :ice_cube: :beverage_box: :ice_cube: :ice_cube: :ice_cube:

2 Likes

Hi Brian, sorry, but I couldnā€™t only press the like-button :wink: .
I wish you all the best for your surgery, and yes, take the rehab-time serious. So that your juvenile mind (in a positive sense :smiley: ) can continue to live in an almost juvenile body.
Fingers crossed that all goes well and we have you back in no time :crossed_fingers:.

1 Like

Rogier, we all wish we were surrounded by bikini clad babes! But that train left the station quite a few years ago! Brianā€™s reality is more this

3 Likes

:rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

Edit:
Ps:you never know when my girl will read along ā€¦ I have a pretty girl of 45 years oldā€¦uh young :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Ta all for the good wishes and comments nonetheless :rofl:

@roger_holland my heart leapt when I saw that you had written me a song :smiley:
It sank somewhat after clicking on the linkā€¦
I sā€™pose I could ask them for a couple of implants and a tummy-tuck while Iā€™m still under, eh? :thinking:

@sairfingers Iā€™m old, Gordon, but not old enough to 'member dem bones! :rofl:
My earliest exposure to ā€˜hipā€™ music would have been in the days of Disco.
Apologies to our lovely ladies in the community for unacceptable lyrics. Take it as a sign of how far we have come?
I ainā€™t gonna bump with no one no moreā€¦ :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

Hence forth Mr L shall be a hipster. :smiley:

Hope it all goes smoothly Brian and you are back playing with your instrument before you know it. Oh and the new pedal too.

1 Like

Good luck my friend.
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, even the best plans go awryā€¦
Too many emergency orthopaedic cases yesterday taking up theatre space, so Iā€™m afraid I was ā€˜cancelledā€™ :laughing: Not so Yay! :frowning_with_open_mouth:
At least I donā€™t have to go to the back of the queue and am now in the equivalent of Ryanairā€™s Speedy boarding or Priority queue :rofl:
Iā€™m still going to see if I can remain in patient-mode at home, be waited on and pampered by my beloved. (I may be requiring more than hip surgery though!)

2 Likes

Patience Grasshopper, your time will come.
:cricket:
:crutch:
:sunglasses:

1 Like