Hoi, Hej, Hello - this is Jorrit

Hi everyone,

I’m Jorrit, originally from the Netherlands but living in Sweden. I’m 30 years old and never did anything with music before, but now I’m aspiring to learn electric guitar. I’m here a couple of months now and currently finishing the Beginner’s Grade 1 course.

I’m really enjoying the journey so far and I’m encouraged by the (slow but) steady progress; it feels like there’s so much to discover still!

6 Likes

Welcome jorrit this is a great community to support your journey. Have fun

Welcome to the forum Jorrit

Welcome Jorrit!

Welcome Jorrit, and thanks for introducing yourself! I’m in Beginner Grade 3, and from all I read in this community - there will always be much to discover on our guitar journeys. How great is that! Do keep us posted on your progress.

Welcome to the community Jorrit!

Jorrit, welcome to the community forum. There will definitely be much more (and fun) things to learn in grade 2 and higher.

Welcome to the community Jorrit :slightly_smiling_face:

There is a lot to discover starting with the first chord you learn in Grade 1. Sometimes feels like a beautiful adventure

Hoi Jorrit ,
Welkom hier and I wish you a lot of fun :sunglasses:

Nice switch of countries :sunglasses: :smiley:

Greetings,Rogier

Hi Jorrit,

Välkommen to the community forum. :grinning:

Cheers,

Rudi

Welcome! your jouney is only just beginning! So much more fun stuff to come after Grade 1. Hope you keep enjoying it and if you’re hitting a guitar wall we are all here to cheer you up again.

Hello Jorrit & Welcome!!!

Grade 1 is lots of fun - challenging for a newcomer to guitar - but fun!
Grade 2 is even better after you get the first Grade foundation built… it’s often slow going but new discoveries abound - that’ll keep you inspired to continue the Journey!!!
Also…
I advise keeping your guitar on a stand or hanging on a wall so that it’s easily accessible… I like to play in the mornings while my coffee is brewing, that’s an extra 5-10 minutes that gives me a “warm-up” before the coffee warms me up!!! :grin:

Good luck & keep it Fun!!!

Tod

Hi Jorrit!

I’m glad to know that you’ve started on the journey of music. And congratulations on finishing Grade 1. I started following this course 3 years ago and I still have not completed the 2nd Grade. To my defense, I had a lot of distractions in between :smile:
But I can say that it has been a lot of fun so far. I have an acoustic guitar and I’m planning to buy an electric guitar soon.

Hope to see you around more!

Hello and welcome! Much to discover, you say? You’re in for life… :grin:

Hey Jorrit!! You’ve come to the right place mate!! Enjoy your guitar journey. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for the kind words and encouragements everyone!