Holiday - Green Day

@roger_holland Thanks for watching rogier!

Thanks Serhat! I’ve been working on my vibrato for a couple of months so glad it stood out. I don’t think it’s as impressive as multiple instruments though, now that’s musicianship!

Thanks for watching @LBro! When I got this guitar last year, I was agonizing over the getting either the satin honey burst or the satin ice tea burst. I still think the honey burst is a good-looking guitar, but once I saw this ice tea burst up close and personal there was no question. I really love how the guitar plays too!

Really great job. Your strumming is spot on - nice and steady.

Thanks Michael!

That sounds better then the original recording.
Good job!!! :guitar: :guitar: :guitar:

Great playing! I have recently decided to learn this (and the Boulevard of broken dreams medley) as a 6mth student and I’m struggling to play clean or change chords fast enough. Don’t even get me started on the solo.

Loved this song as a teen and sad to say this album is still highly relevant and in fact, prescient.

1 Like

Totally late to listen to this but you know I love hearing some Green Day. You’re amazing with this. Love your style brother. You rock!!

Jeff

1 Like

Awesome song choice! It’s a fantastic tune. You have some really nice slide action going on, and from what I could see and hear everything was tight and in rhythm. Bravo!

Looking forward to your next one :+1:

1 Like

Awesome! Don’t get discouraged, I def would not have been able to play this 6 months in. I’m about 1 1/2 years in and feel like the difference is night and day. With persistence you’ll get it.

1 Like

great power chords changing going on here, and having your foot keeping time.
Really well played :+1:

Thanks for the kind words. I’ve put it on the backburner for now but your playing has inspired me to want to play this competently by next Summer.

I still can’t change power chords consistently for punk and found some glaring problems with my basic playing that I need to fix first. I guess I’m at that 6-7mths consolidation point.

As usual, just pure smokin’ hot Alexis!! :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :fire: :fire: :fire:
When are you going to link it into Boulevard of Broken Dreams? :wink:

Absolutely mega, and I still need to catch up on the May OM as I was away for it, gutted to miss your debut!

1 Like

You’re too kind Mark!

Boulevard of Broken Dreams is on my list to play (along with a million other songs). I just really love the sound that Greenday puts out. It feels very unique.

I still need to catch up to the last one since I had to miss it. I’m definitely planning on attending AND playing in more JG OMs.