House of the Rising Sun (Acoustic)

Thanks Toby. Since people didn’t notice, I won’t clue anyone in to their location. :smirk: We are looking forward to the OM tonight as well. See you then!

2 Likes

I might just listen again. :wink:

1 Like

That was one of my first songs i learned, you did great! Kudos!

Thanks Byron.

Hi

Top song, very well performed.
The finger picking was really clean.
Vocal spot on.
The balance between the two just right.

Digger

Thanks Stephen, I appreciate it.

Well played and sung.
Really enjoyed your cover of that classic.
Cheers

Hi Mark,
A job well done on both ends, guitar and vox. Very nice job on a one off take! Your volume is down over -6db on YT, so you might want to look at that next go of it. If you don’t know, you can right click on top of your YT video and select the bottom choice “Stats for nerds”. It will tell you where your audio recording is at level wise when processed at YouTube.

All the best and keep up the nice work!
LB

Thanks Ron!

Thanks, I did not know that about YT videos. I will take a look. It would help to take the time to set up a microphone and use Reaper. This was just a quick webcam recording.

You can also look into using OBS with audio via Audio Interface and a mic. That’ll give you more options on the audio quality and once you get it setup fairly straightforward to make simple single take, play and sing, videos for YT.

I don’t think you’ll find the learning curve to steep, given your guitar build videos I’ve watched. And there are Topics that discuss it the Tech Setup sub-category of the Community Live Events category. Plus a few of us are using it and may be able to help answer questions.

I actually started playing with OBS after I responded to this message. :grinning: I was able to use it to record a video. Next, I will try to record through Zoom to see if we can use it for OM. I will probably use Reaper for videos when I take the time to do it right. That way I can add a bit of fx.

1 Like

That’s how I did my performance in the last OM. OBS Virtual Camera for video feed to Zoom and a Virtual Cable to feed audio from OBS to Zoom. Again all explained in the Tech Setup topics.

1 Like