How Do I get Rid Of Bookmarks?

So I have made mistake of bookmarking things to read later ever since we started the Beta testing here and I spent an hour or so yesterday trying to clear them out of my Bookmark “list”.

The whole episode was a bit like throwing a boomerang as they kept on coming back. I would have though changing the status to “delete” would have got rid of them but nope, they cling on for life !

Guidance required if anyone has a scooby.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

Sorry Toby,
You’ve booked and now you can never check out again…it’s like a song from the past…
Greetings

Have you tried going over to each post and to untick the bookmark icon?

‘Miereneuker alert’

You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Click on your icon at top right hand corner. Click on bookmark symbol. Click on the expand option at the bottom of the book mark list. Click on the 3 dots at the right of the book marks you want to remove and select delete book mark. I just book marked this post and tried this and it worked. So shouldn’t take long to delete a few book marks that way.

:see_no_evil: :see_no_evil: :see_no_evil:
:joy:

Adi yes that was the first attempt, then changing the status to “delete”.

Thank you Rogier and Brian, while not helping one iota you brighten my day with your mirth.

2 Likes

I think the difference is if you try to delete bookmark when in the post you are selecting delete bookmark after being notified (whatever that means?). Whereas, if you delete them via your activity page it just deletes them full stop.

James you are a star ! Thank you. I had not dug that deep but you are spot on. Cheers.
Yourock

2 Likes

Well I cleared down all bar the 2 I wanted to keep then got a Max Headroom screen wobble for about 30 seconds then this !

You do not have permission to view this user’s bookmarks.

And the 2 I wanted are gone! Think I might have broke summit :crazy_face:

there’s always got to be someone breaking the system :smirk: Have you tried bookmarking a bunch of random posts and then deleting the bookmarks to see if you can replicate the scenario?

2 Likes

Here Toby,
I hope this helps

3 Likes

James I just closed the browser and restarted it. Then found a load of old bookmarks that I’d not reached, before it went loopy, so slowly deleted them. I now have a clean slate bar the 2 I wanted to retain so leaving well alone now.

2 Likes

Doooohhhhh
Why didn’t we think of that!!!
:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy: