How do I mark all posts as read?

How do I mark all posts as read? In the forums there is a button for this but can’t see how to do this in this Community?

1 Like

Bump! How do I mark all posts as read? In the forums there is a button for this but can’t see how to do this in this Community?

I was hoping to see an answer here, Stuart.

I think, stand to be corrected, that you may achieve a similar result through how you set up Notifications in your Preferences. :thinking: though now I look again, that only applies to New Topics.

The way I am working is to look at Latest on the Home Page and use the Bold Black vs Grey formatting of a Topic Title to know if I have read the latest Post on the Topic.

So I am not sure.

Not really helping :confused: :slightly_frowning_face:

I like to start with a clean sheet with all posts read (even if I haven’t read them( then any new ones will show in bold as you say. In the old forums there was (is) a vert handy ‘mark all read’ button. This community needs something similar.

David

I am sure this cropped up during testing and @LievenDV advised using the Dismiss All command button. If you recall all 221 Categories were all Unread (they are not now)! I never got round to doing it but now I can’t find it. Tagged @LievenDV so he can shed some light or clarify the options available post launch.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Stop Press.

That may just have been for Notifications. I just found it under avatar>bell>notifications

Hey also found a download under Activity, as per Bruce Dickinson’s book tiltle “What Does This Button Do”

Bruce

1 Like

I think this was raised in beta testing but not yet resolved.

2 Likes

Do we have a time scale for when this is to be implemented?

Do we have a time scale for when this is to be implemented?

Any news with this?

Go to “unread”

press this button

you get this dialog, chose to remain following or not

Is that what you were looking for or did I miss something?

1 Like

Lieven

No that certainly works, as I discovered it by accident a few weeks back. Since then and having dismissed all outstanding topics and post, its has been a whole lot easier to manage viewing the forum/community.

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Nearly and OK for Unread. How to I mark the ones in Latest as read?

1 Like

That’s what I am missing as well

Read them. The ones in latest are the one’s you haven’t read yet.
If you don’t want them to appear again Change Tracking to Muted
These are the 4 ways to track posts.

1 Like

That’s the point. I don’t want to read them as there are 100’s and it would take way too long. Other forums that I’m on have this option.

Any news with getting this implemented?

@Stuartw Stuart, it is tagged as ‘solved’. Unless I miss understand you do this using the Dismiss when viewing all the Unread posts.

It needs to do the ‘latest’ as well!

I see Latest doesn’t have a Dismiss option but does dismissing in Unread not achieve that, Stuart?

I suppose Latest would always have posts in it and once Dismissed they’d be in the faded font?

I have not gone back to read all that was written on this issue but maybe making use of New and Unread would do the trick? I find I mostly use those options since I set them up to be displayed on my home page. You can do that in the Preferences.