How do I mark all posts as read?

@stitch
Ah! That could be useful, Rick, except it’s not working quite right.
I set the log bell to Tracking then scrolled down the list and found 3 logs with blue discs that haven’t been updated since Feb 2022, but they don’t show on my Unread list…?

It may only work on the new threads after you activate it. Let us know how it works from now on.

Ok, I’ve been pondering that might be the case. I’ve done the same with module 15 lesson threads (won’t be there for awhile in my learning). There’s no blue discs and nothing showing up in Unread. I would think they’ll appear in Unread when new posts come onto them. We shall see!

What ever you do folks, be very careful with that Stop Tracking box.

Before I understood how dismiss worked, I was dissing n ticking. Now I get a host of posts that show in my Notifications that I never see in Unread. So my monitoring is now in a right old mess, so I just “watch” New and Unread + the Notifications.

Stuart, lots of good advice here but I’d say ignore Latest and just look at New and Unread.
Set the Categories you want to follow to Watching, leave the rest as Normal. Mute is an option but I’ve not seen a need to use it yet but that dodgy tick box above pretty much does the same thing, so I need a Factory Reset :rofl:

@TheMadman_tobyjenner
Toby, why set them to Watching and not Tracking ? You’ll get inundated with emails with them on Watching!

David

I switch email notification off during beta testing, so watching works for me and has since we went live on this platform. Simples.

Ah….right….beta testing……live platform……probably best that I don’t know…….simples….!

1 Like

I does have the buttons as you say but only had (when I looked a minute ago) 1no. Unread which I can dismiss.

I have done that but don’t see a ‘dismiss’ button in Latest or Top, unless I am missing something.

Its been said a number of times in this thread that there is no Dismiss for Latest.
Stuart you would be better off just going to Unread and New. You can read New post that interest you and Dismiss the others. Unread will be from topics you have already read, commented on or created. Read what interests you Dismiss the rest. Ignore latest as it is just an amalgam of the other two.

:sunglasses:

I thought that may be the case but the way @stitch wrote his post it alluded to a dismiss button.

Sounds like a plan! I guess that the main problem is I have very few in Unread due to only reading a few that interest me. I think that I only have one ‘watching’ thread at the moment.

As there is zero chance of the Forums being changed I’ll go back to lurking now! :slight_smile:

You have to click on either new or unread in the category then the dismiss button will show up.

1 Like