How do I record myself / where can I host my recordings online to share in the Community

Perhaps itā€™s a stupid question, but how do I upload a video?

1 Like

https://community.justinguitar.com/t/how-does-one-record-a-video-to-upload-to-community-recordings/188649/13?u=roger_holland

Hi Jesper ,
Hope this helps,
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

OK, thanks - I was not aware that I could upload a video on Youtobe and make it non-public. I will try that.

2 Likes

I was wondering the same thing so not a stupid question :grinning:

Yes, it would be nice with an option to upload without sharing with Youtube (Google).

1 Like

@BVNC Jesper, it is not obligatory to use YouTube. The Community Platform does not serve as a repository for files, so you need to make use of some means on the internet that members will be able to access. For example, you could use DropBox and set file permissions to be readable for anybody with the link.

Thanks, David - that is a good solution, since I prefer not to be on YouTube. I made my first recording this afternoon, so I will try to upload it as oer you suggestion later :smiley:.

Hej Jesper,
Iā€™m not sure how this was bumped up in my feed as itā€™s over a week old, but I see you never got around to sharing your video :frowning_face: Did you change your mind?
Hats off to you if you manage to not use Google and YouTube on the internet. One thing to bear in mind is that no matter what platform you use to share, whether Dropbox, Google drive or other, you will have to make it visible to whoever has that link to share it with the Community and this is a publicly accessible website. I have not heard of bad experiences with this in the six years Iā€™ve been here, but it is open to anyone.
Itā€™d be nice to see the video you created if you still feel like sharing :smiley:
Hilsen Brian

2 Likes

Thatā€™s because of Richard of courseā€¦ how long have you been around? :joy:

And Jesper @BVNC I also had my doubts (I say this politely because of forum etique :blush: :smile:)about creating a YouTube channel ā€¦ but make sure you turn off the comments and then you only have to use it as a storage place ā€¦ then no one can say anything to you there and only here and everyone is nice hereā€¦ hopefully it all works out :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

2 Likes

I split this topic from Beginners Safe Space ā€¦ where this now happily sits:

:slight_smile:

:see_no_evil: ā€¦
Crxp ā€¦ this is what they mean by what happens when you are 50+ ā€¦ my memory is deteriorating
:grimacing:
So again Jesper ā€¦ nicely done :blush:

1 Like

Thankfully Rogier it is the same for all of us of a certain age, so most of us have no idea that we once missed something or that weā€™ve even posted there in the first place. :smiley: