How do you get to the old Classic Course from current web site

I ask the question because there has been a number of posts recently that mention lessons on the old course that do not appear to be on the new site.

I have tried using search option on the new site with various combinations without success. The way I get to it is by googling the Justinguitar classic course and that takes me to it, but strangely once you are inside the old course you can link straight back to new site.

Should say I am using an iPad with IOS 16.5.1

Any suggestions?

Michael

3 Likes

Michael, do you mean this?

1 Like

Stefan @SgtColon
Yes I do

1 Like

Try this for size as well.

A more traditional layout out the classic

:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hi Michael,

I think the classic course is not visibly listed in the new site on the basis that it has been replaced by the new course but still remains online for those that started working through the classic course before the new course was published. Best bet is to bookmark the classic course.

2 Likes

Toby @TheMadman_tobyjenner
Did you get the link by going through the website.

This is how I have got to the lesson I was interested in.
In Google, search for the classic course and you get this

Clicking the link get you to the classic course and you can navigate to the lesson you want

The header implies it is in All Courses, but doesn’t seem to be!

If I then go back to current main site, which you can do from classic course, the lesson appear in the resume list. Interesting the list is coloured for Grade 3 and also has the number 3, which is actually incorrect as the lesson is not currently there as far as I can see. But if you click onto it the lesson resumes

Conclusion, it is in JustinGuitar.com but you can’t access it with any links.

James @Socio
As you will see I have come to the same conclusion as you, you are not able to get at it from the current site.

Michael

Michael

There maybe some missing synapses its been so long but there was a link to the old course, when the current website was first created. I think the link I shared was available on the 2nd revamp of the main site but was subsequently taken away from one of the launch pages.

So yes its still there behind the scenes and it had been updated to mirror the style of Justin’s relaunched site, which has undergone a number of updates since. Not sure where Stefan originally found his link, as it is certainly a different format.

The one I shared bar the graphics and style, is the same content of the original, now Classic, BC. I did have the old intermediate saved somewhere but its buried in a shed load of book marks going back to 2013 !!!

:sunglasses:

1 Like

Toby @TheMadman_tobyjenner
Thanks for your time and input on this and the back story on how things have progressed with the website, I think we have come to a conclusion on this.
The only thing I would add on the lesson I was interested in is that it has Justin sitting on the floor in his flat. I bet Justin never thought then things would progress to such an extent that he gets a mention in the 50th greatest moments in electric guitar history.
I am personally delighted how things have worked out for him and I am sure many thousand of others.
Michael

2 Likes

It’s the section on the community website.

Those are probably broken now and take you to Denver Dresses as the old website was still up and running then. It was the same with the classic beginner’s course. You had the new format on the new website and old format on the old website but I guess they ended the old website at the same time they ended the old community website.

2 Likes

James @Socio

You are right, the classic course lessons seem to be there.

Seems to be a back door way into the main website.
Interesting

Thanks

Michael

1 Like