How many people here do revisits of the songs they have posted?

Now this is an excellent point in my mind. To me, if the songs you have have other skill sets in them that you can practice on(the ones you know need work) then by all rights you should still be learning and progressing as long as it is a challenge and motivational to you. Excellent point!!

Rock on!
Darren

1 Like

Yeah, I’m thinking, first if all you would have to play that solo alot to have the melody completely in mind.

There is no doubt in my mind that he does not play it exactly the same every time. I have seen many interviews with solo guitarists,and it’s in their moment in the time/space contunuem!! Same melody, just a few different inflections and or notes. Bang on I would say!!

Rock on!
Darren

Thanks. Another example is Dock of the bay. It’s got an easy chord progression and when I first learned it I played it fingerstyle and while I enjoyed it, the original feel of the song just wasn’t there.

After I took Justin’s thumb and finger technique, I had a new strumming style that incorporated an accent on the back beat. My wife and I were walking past a cafe and a performer there was doing Dock of the Bay with accents on the back beat so as soon as I got home I tried it and was blown away with how much better it fit the feel of the song.

I also took advantage of the change to incorporate a bass run in one of the chord changes that sounds cool to. There are many ways to revisit a song.

1 Like