How to move on from a 0.38 pick

Hi,
No,but maybe you are :sunglasses:, because you’ve never seen my pick, my 3 musical friends who saw it laughed and wanted to collect money :upside_down_face:,…but I like such solutions,…if it works it’s good (although I sometimes go a bit further and my wife calls me to order),
And if you ever need an other not diy one ,just call my name and i be th… no ,send you one :grin:

1 Like

Hi,
We will send a bill :grin:
Greetings and i wish every body a good grip …

1 Like

Ha, at the end, we are laughing, because we save our money for buying guitars and other gear :rofl:

I’ll take you up on that!

2 Likes

:sunglasses: , :wink:
Greetings,…

1 Like

This was an interesting topic for me to catch up on the train commute home last night. It’s made me realise that, apart from a few dabbles here and there, I’ve been using a .5mm Tortex pretty much since I started and not experimented. I’ve got some .6mm but I’d always found them very clunky in terms of string feel, but the last time I gave them a go was probably 4-5 months ago.

The comment above from @tony about finding it easier with practice to strum lighter really piqued my interest as I look to get better with dynamics. So giving the .6 a go again last night and it sounded and felt great! Can’t believe I’ve left it this long…

Do picks come under GAS? :wink:

1 Like

Well at least a fuel,…I have some guitar picks in my shopping bag,…and now there is a tuner pedal, a line 6 wireless (7-9 weeks delivery time :unamused:) and I’m looking a bit further… …so watch out Mark, you’ve been warned…
greetings,…

2 Likes

Ah, a gateway drug then @roger_holland :joy:
I’ll be careful!!

2 Likes

i have spent in the hundreds of dollars on picks over the past 10 years. Best guess at least $500. By the way, my preference is for a 1.5mm thick pick, so you’ve still got a ways to go before you are as thick as me. :wink:

1 Like

Helen @Helen0609
Roger @roger_holland
Must confess would not have thought of that solution, I suppose the other option would be to roughen it up with sandpaper, think I will stick with JIm Dunlop Nylon.

James @Socio
Not come across this so I did a bit of Googling and came across these

Might be worth a look at.

Mark @Notter

From what Tony says below picks definitely can be included in the GAS condition.

Tony @tony
Really that much, I have got quite a few but can’t have spent more than £50 tops.

Anyway an interesting discussion I am going to stick with my Jim Dunlop Nylon 0.6. I used it to day to refresh my Grade 1 songs and work on the dreaded F Chord and was very happy with the way it went on both, no loosing control of the pick.

Cheers to all
Michael :guitar:

2 Likes

@MAT1953

Michael the grips come off the picks and fit on most picks. So a cheaper solution that the one that came up in your search.

Fender® Mojo Grip Picks - Pack of 3 - Dura-Tone Delrin 351 - .71 mm - Olympic White https://amzn.eu/d/a53ZUiP

Though really a solution for those that really don’t have a great grip in there hands anymore. Otherwise, it’s just takes practice and patience to develop pick control.

1 Like

Definitely.

1 Like

I should clarify Michael- I use a 0.96mm Dunlop Gator for picking. For strumming I use an orange 0.6mm nylon Dunlop pick. One day I hope to be able to pick and strum with the same pick, but I’m not there yet.

1 Like

Chris @jacksprat
Not really into picking as only have an acoustic, but have some thicker picks but not used them yet. That’s the problem when you are a beginner you buy variety packs rather than ones all the same size.
I find the JD nylon 0.6 just that bit more flexible than the 0.6 tortex which for me it makes it easier to strum and sound ok
Michael :notes: