How To Read Guitar TAB Lesson on JustinGuitar

Reading guitar TABs will open up a world of possibilities for your beginner guitar journey! :)

View the full lesson at How To Read Guitar TAB | JustinGuitar

Justin says he recommends studying rhythms but he won’t cover on this course. So where can I learn, just searching on the internet? Also, tab rhythms and notation rhythms are the same? What exactly should I look for?

1 Like

Justin offers different options when it comes to learning to strum and studying rhythmic notation, both for beginners and more advanced students.

If you’re an advancing beginner (Grade 3) or an intermediate student (Grade 4 to 6), I can recommend his Rhythm Reading book to learn everything about reading, writing and understanding rhythmic notation.

For beginners (Grades 1 to 3) he offers a more practical application with the Strumming SOS course. Here you’ll learn different strumming patterns and how to physically strum the guitar. I haven’t followed this course myself, but it should cover “Strumming Theory & Patterns” according to the description.

There are various forms of rhythmic notation. The most common ones are standard musical notation (‘the dots’) and slash notation (a kind of shorthand that uses some of the symbols of standard notation but in a more simplified way).

2 Likes

Awesome, thanks :+1:

1 Like