How to use the “Strum” section of a song

When I’m learning a song in the “Songs” section of the app how should I use the “Strum” section of a song that shows a strum pattern similar to how the “Chords” section shows what chords are used in the song?

Should the strumming pattern be applied to the whole song? Should I just use the pattern as a clue and decide on my own when/where to apply it?

Previously I was only deploying a strum when one of the colored bubbles in the guitaraoke was reached. But those don’t ever appear to line up with the strum pattern.

1 Like

See the following for applying strumming pattern on app:

Also check Justin’s song lessons to learn the songs including strumming patterns. So much is missed from relying on the app to learn a song compared tk learning it from Justin’s song lessons. Use the lessons and then the app for the backing track.

Also check Justin’s song lessons to learn the songs including strumming patterns.

Game changer. Had no idea there were lessons for each song. I thought there were just the ones that are part of the prepared course track since I came into this through the app not the website.

1 Like

While the app is good, apart from the unannounced song licensing issues of late, the website is much much better for the actual lesson material, in my opinion. Get to strumming! :smiley:

I like to learn the pattern before applying to the chords, see muted string technique in this lesson:

(14:50)