Howdy and Hola from a Texan in the Canary Islands of Spain

Howdy and Hola! I am a WAHM of two in my 30s from Texas now living in the Canary Islands of Spain.
I grew up playing guitar but never advanced much past a Grade 1 or so. Life got in the way, and then I sold all my guitars to move overseas.
Last year, my husband got me a guitar, and I have been playing (Taylor Swift, mainly) off and on all year. Recently, he got himself a new bass and drum set (the previous ones also had to be sold to move), and suddenly, I got a renewed passion for the guitar. I decided to advance my skills, and after trying a few teachers, Justin is EXACTLY what I was looking for! I am working my way through Grade 2. I just got a new guitar and am now even more excited!

Guitars:
Fender Redondo Player Belmont Blue acoustic electric - my new baby
Gretsch 3/4 acoustic
Gibson Les Paul (Okay, that one is really my husband’s, but it is fun to steal it sometimes)

9 Likes

Hello Melodie! Welcome to the community.

1 Like

Hi Melodie,

Nice to meet you, good luck with the guitar journey.
Canary Islands, sounds very appealing right now.
Best wishes,

Alan

1 Like

Welcome to the forum Melodie

1 Like

Welcome aboard, Melodie! :slight_smile:

Great that you got back at guitar and are motivated to push through. Even better, you and your husband can make some music together as well, great stuff. :smiley:

Wish you loads of fun on your guitar journey.

Cheers - Lisa

1 Like

Hi Melodie,
Welcome here and I wish you a lot of Fun :sunglasses:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. I still fondly remember my family’s first of many visits to Texas when I was about 7. We all came home wearing cowboy hats.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

1 Like

Hey Melodie welcome to JG Used to live on Tenerife a long time ago, beautiful islands!

1 Like

small world, eh?

1 Like

What’s a WAHM?

Welcome aboard, Melodie, and with your name it would be a travesty not to go down the musical path. I hope you enjoy your time here :smiley:

Justin is exactly what everyone needs! :wink:

According to Urban Dictionary it’s a

1. Work at home Mom
  2. What A Hot Mum
  3. an inside joke that confuses someone

Ya takes your choices :rofl:

1 Like

Hi Melodie, welcome to the Community, enjoy the ride. I had a great break in Lanzarote (Playa Blanca) in October last year. I envy you the sunshine!!!

1 Like

Hi Melodie, welcome to the community forum.

Hi Melodie, welcome. Good you are now set up to continue you guitar learning path. When I moved to Canada many years ago, my guitar playing stopped for several year until I got again a guitar. Have fun.