Howdy y'all, Kevin here from Houston, TX!

Right now I’m keeping to a strict gear budget as I’m starting out so I go to my local Guitar Center. Eventually I would prefer to spend my money at local shops and Texas Music Emporium has been recommended but now I’m intrigued with Music Go Round. I’m going to have to give that place a look.

I hear ya on the strict gear budget. My local Guitar Center isn’t particularly great but my wife never knows what to get me for gifts so I just tell her Guitar Center gift cards and I hoard those until I can afford something I want so I mostly shop there by default.

Music Go Round is ok, its mostly used gear but I’ve occasionally seen some cool stuff in there. The one I used to frequent was in the Willowbrook area because it was near my job at the time but I heard that area has gotten bad. I believe they have a few locations around Houston though.

Music Go Round is kind of like a music-oriented pawn shop. So you never know what they’ll have, and sometimes you can find cool stuff there.

1 Like

Have you ever done any business with Ron Pace?

I’ve heard of him (repair/setup guy), but I haven’t done any business with him.

I just ask because opinions seem to vary greatly about him. Personally I like him and he does good work.

What do you think of Alamo Music Center? I see them on YouTube and was thinking of visiting. I go down there every 6 months or so to see family.

Haven’t been to Alamo Music. I’ll try to check them out next time I’m in San Antonio.

Hello and welcome Kevin. :slight_smile:

The best thing I’ve found to curb my GAS is… the wife.

1 Like