Hurt- Johnny Cash. Practice. 1st Post

First time recording myself. Couple mistakes.

https://youtu.be/x5xY2inXoaY

How do you attach the video to this?

7 Likes

Good on you Nick for posting a recording, it’s a brave new world you enter. Play sounds smooth and the tones are good.

1 Like

Thanks Maggie. You are not wrong. :grin:

1 Like

Hi Nick,
You need to set the video to ‘Unlisted’ so we can view it. I made the same mistake my first video.

1 Like

Thanks Colin. Done.

Well that was fantastic and Beautifully done.
Timing sounded bang on to me and crisp chord changes. Going from picking out single strings to strumming can sometimes throw out my timing so that was pretty impressive to hear you do it really smoothly.

I’m currently sitting under my patio doing some of Justin’s theory course enjoying the Perth winter sunshine and that was the perfect accompaniment.

Well done Nick :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi Nick, good share. You got the emphasis on the arpeggios right. The dah-dah-daaaaah.

I noticed you got off time a bit in the chorus sections but ended up finding it again.

Couldn’t quite tell if you were doing this because of the backing track, I find that doing pumping 8s strumming in the chorus (all downs strums) with emphasis on the quarter notes (1/2/3/4, not the ands) sound pretty good.

1 Like

Hi Nick, that was well done. Transition from picking strings to strumming was seamless to my ears. Liked the differing strumming patterns that suited the song.

1 Like

Hi @jkahn, thank you. yeah I got lost in the moment for a bit and got away on me😄.
Plenty of inspiration here to draw on.

Cheers mate.

Thank you Colin much appreciated. It’s definitely intimidating posting for the first time. Especially after seeing and hearing such great players here. Quite an inspiration though to keep going.

Glad your enjoying the Perth sunshine could do with a little here.

Cheers

1 Like

Lovely solid first recording Nick. Plenty of advice given already so nothing to add here.

As for the link, you just need to paste the YouTube url/link directly here, no need to use the Hyperlink or Blockquote doofers. Just drop the link at it automatically embeds in the post.

You can do that next time :wink:

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Very nice Nick, well done on taking the leap of faith!!
Nothing to add to others comments other than to say I enjoyed that a lot! :clap:

1 Like

Great stuff Nick. Smooth steady play with lovely clean changes. Vibes from me on your first AVoYP.

1 Like

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Bravo, Nick, the first recording is the hardest. You did well.

1 Like

Hi Nick,

Congratulations on your first :clap: :partying_face: :sunglasses: … and nicely played, you can be proud of this … your first youtube recording ,well this a … Small step to take, but a giant leap for your nerves… :grin:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

One of my favorite Cash songs to sing and play! For your first post i thought that was really good. in the future if you want to change things up you might want to try the standard D chord from open position. Not necessarily better sounding, but definitely gives a different feel.

1 Like

Much have been said already so all I can say is you did really good and that was superb for a first upload, well done!

1 Like

Congratulations of your first AVOYP posting Nick and that was a great way to make your entrance.

The standard of first postings are just getting better and better.

1 Like

Thanks Stefan @SgtColon. The support here is next level. Would have never done it otherwise.