I just released my first original song!

Hello everyone! I’ve been using JustinGuitar since about 2017 and I super excited to share this huge milestone with everyone!!

I HAVE FINALLY RELEASED MY FIRST EVER ORIGINAL SONG!! :tada: :tada:

It’s a '60s style psychedelic rock song with driven guitars and vibey synths and lyrically tackles themes like escapism and ultimate freedom. I’d like to thanks Justin for basically teaching me everything I know about the guitar and his songwriting lessons for demystifying a lot of what songwriting is! Now I’m so excited to release my second one soon (I plan to release one song a month this year!!)

Feel free to check it out anywhere that you listen to music: https://distrokid.com/hyperfollow/danyaal/hidden-in-a-dream

I hope you like the song and all feedback is welcome! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congratulations, Danyaal. That is a mighty fine achievement and I really enjoyed your song.

Nothing specific to call out, I think it all just sounded good, ticking all the boxes. An impressive debut release.

Another wonderful example of what can be accomplished through learning to play and make music with JustinGuitar; inspirational!

I wish you well with the song and look forward to the next one.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

And it’s so true! It’s something I wasn’t sure I’d ever be able to accomplish, but here I am :slight_smile:

Idk if Justin will ever read this, but THANK YOU SO MUCH!! :raised_hands:

1 Like

Well done Danyall,
Wow, that’s some production for a first one!
Looks like you’re taking this quite seriously-
Good luck with your project :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you so much!!

And haha yeah I’m extremely inspired by artists like Pink Floyd who have very “grand” production elements, so I might’ve gone a little bit overboard in Ableton (the DAW I used) with lots of different synthesizers and string sounds and drenching it all in lots of reverb (also shoutout to Justin’s amazing production course with Adam G).

I still like to think it’s possible for me to potentially become a full time musician :pray: :joy:

2 Likes

Judging by that production, you sound like you might already be a full time musician :laughing:
How to make a living out of it is another question :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Hahahaha too real :sob:

This is excellent! Great vocals and production. I love the flow of the melody.

1 Like

Very nice production Danyaal, I really enjoyed the vibe it was nice and relaxing and very well thought out!

1 Like

Thank you so much for the kind words!! :raised_hands:

Definitely great production all around!
It is inspiring that you have started as we all are and have developed so far! That was more than just guitar playing! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Yeah even though we learn guitar, it’s amazing how it develops one’s entire musicality (though I’d still consider my self to be a very weak singer haha)

1 Like