I’ve broken my pick!

Well, this has never happened before.

I wasn’t even strumming all that hard. Unfortunately I’ve lost the receipt so I’ll need to tell my wife I need money for a new one! :anguished:

5 Likes

I thought you had a cupboard full of them? Did you break it on purpose to get some money from the wife as you’re feeling a bit of gas coming on?

1 Like

Yes but I’d grown particularly fond of that one.

3 Likes

It looks that way :wink:

What the hxll do you have a community for.WELL …I Say"a benefit concert for a new pick"
for “our” oldtimer :sunglasses:

1 Like

Wow, rocking hard to do that Gordon!!
Don’t you have to buy a new guitar when you get a new pick? :wink:

4 Likes

Call Leo to apologise as it looks like you broke a Croc!!

Now if you said it had melted !

What gauge is it ? I have the black .73 .88 and 1.0. Just tried to break them using brute force. No joy, can’t do it but there again I’m just a soft shandy drinking southerner.
I advise you to avoid spinach Popeye !!
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Just shake your Martin till a replacement falls out

5 Likes

I’ve already had to shake it to get one of the little bits out!

1 Like

Tell the truth, it’s an excuse to get her into a guitar shop to go in raptures about another new toy :grin:

2 Likes

Your avatar seems doubly appropriate now!

2 Likes

I could see the tip cracking or breaking apart but not the meaty end. Methinks there may be something amiss here.
As a penance for being so mean to a favorite pic you need to have a double dram of your favorite water of life and contemplate the error of your ways :mage:

1 Like

Actually Toby it’s not a croc it’s a gator! A Dunlop Gator Grip. They are meant to be more grippy in your fingers. When new they have a sort of chalky surface and do slip less but after a while the chalky surface wears off and they become smooth like the standard Totex ones.

Hi Robert. Yes I agree it’s a bit weird, it’s as if the pick has shattered which is not what you’d expect from what is essentially flexible plastic. It sat around on a table in my lounge not in direct sun. I can’t remember how long I’ve been using it, probably 3 or 4 months.

Yes sorry I’ve always called the Crocs have a stack of them and 9 out on the desk ready to use, along with my Ibanez sandgrips, JazIIIs and stand Dunlop Max Grip for strumming. Bit OCD as they are in two lines, with at least 2 on each pile. Always available.
Anyway Gator or Croc I could not get any of them to snap ! They’re also good to use as they technical have 3 tips !

:sunglasses:

1 Like

It’s OK there is a solution.

1 Like

@RobDickinson
They look great Rob, but I’d be terrified I miss strummed and put a huge gouge in my guitar. :woozy_face:

1 Like

Yeah, I suggest a bubble wrap on it in that case

1 Like

They are “light weight”. Thank goodness.

1 Like

If your wife doesn’t allow you any money for a new one, let me know Gordon and I’ll send you one free of charge. :smiley:

What song were you playing?

2 Likes