I will remember you - The Office - First AVOYP!

I was feeling highly demotivated today (due to a “friend”) but then remembered this song performed by Ed Helms in The Office and it all went away! Sort of suits the occasion too :stuck_out_tongue:

Some things to note:
It’s only the verse as I could not perfect the Bbmaj7 changes (in the bridge) in the time I had today.
My fingers are also in hell as I have been working on the intro to Sweet child o mine :slight_smile: so there are buzzy chords aplenty in here :smiley:.
Sorry no vocals on this one :sweat_smile:

Anyways, I hope you guys like it… I am working on accenting the song a lot more as well as perfecting the bridge.

Present status of my journey - I am 5 months in to learning how to play and I have completed Grade 2!
In case Justin sees this, I never imagined posting an original video of myself on YouTube :smiley:. Thank you and your team for putting together these amazing resources for us.

9 Likes

Crazy coincidence, just finished The Office this week (again :sweat_smile:)

I didn’t really see any sloppiness. With 5 months into the course it’s so wild to me that you can play like this, so good job!

1 Like

haha well that’s what we do :slight_smile:

Thank you! I just keep falling in love with the sounds over and over again as I keep discovering new chords and variations :slight_smile:
I tried out a song with the percussive hit yesterday and it came out so beautifully that I kept getting anxious while playing… how am I doing that? and losing track :smiley:

1 Like

Oh man I so loved this song when Ed Helms sang it on his farewell, one of the greatest moments in this magnificent show. Thanks for reminding me of it now I will definitely put it on my list :grinning:

No sloppiness noticed here too, only comment I have it was too short and without vocals on :rofl: other than that sounded as original! Well done

1 Like

I’ll post another with the entire thing in hopefully a couple days… the vocals on the other hand :sweat_smile: I never got onto singing :smiley: I’ll give it a try though for the next version.

1 Like

Nice little riff there Prabhat, smooth changes and nice strumming, I look forward to the full version! :clap:

1 Like

Thank you Mark! :smiley:

YESSS mate, 5 months in this is epic. Strumming is great, you feel connected to the music and the chord changes are crisp.

Bang on!

1 Like

Thanks Rhys!

You’re doing great man. Especially at 5 months.

When will we see Free Love Freeway? :smiley: :smiley: (David Brent song from the UK version of the office, actually really good)

1 Like

Thanks jkahn! You gave me a good idea there, after all it’s just C F Am G :wink:

1 Like

Hi Prabhat,
5 months and that arm moved like a …yes like what…just fantastic :sunglasses:,.
Only downside as said before it was so short :smile:
Greetings,Rogier

1 Like

Thank you Roger!! :slight_smile:
I’ll fix that in the coming days :smiley: The bridge’s chord progression gives me goosebumps as I do it and then I fumble haha :sweat_smile:

1 Like

That was lovely playing Prabhat. What a shame it is so short.

I’m really looking forward to the full version of this and of Sweet child o mine. :smiley:

1 Like

Hey Stefan… The pressure sure is on now :sweat_smile: :smiley:
A huge thanks!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very nice work Prabhat. You give us good tones, interesting dynamics.

1 Like

Lovely first recording Prabhat, nothing sloppy at all … clean chords, smooth changes, steady rhythm with an interesting pattern.

Isn’t it wonderful to be able to achieve more than you imagined. And you are just getting started!

Look forward to your next and encourage you to sing along.

1 Like

Thank you Maggie! Means a lot :slight_smile:

Thank you David! :slight_smile: Yes it’s such a great feeling. I still remember when I barely managed to change from a D to an A after missing many beats :smiley:, still I knew the guitar was for me as I was totally into the change in sound (albeit with loads of buzz :smiley: ). Even my F is pretty smooth now and I got the Bbmaj7 mostly down as well today, so the longer version should be coming soon!

So many exclamations and emojis- you get my excitement :slight_smile:

That’s where it will take a lot more work as I haven’t been much into singing. :frowning:

2 Likes

for 5 months in that is really good.

1 Like

Prabhat,
very nice, but very short :smiley:
more, please!
Leo

1 Like