Ian from Brandon, Suffolk, UK here

Hi Everyone

I’m Ian, an I’m in my latest attempt to learn to play.
I’m 64 and started this latest attempt about 7 years ago.
My main inspiration has been Justin, with a bit of Andy Guitar, plus a local musician I have a lesson or two with.
Originally, all I wanted to be able to do was to strum a few chords, and play through a couple of easy songs for my friends and family at Christmas, birthdays and BBQ’s.
As time has passed, I now want a little bit more, and I have a dream of turning up at my local park run, with my guitar, amp and mic and make a noise, as our park run is a two lap course, all I need is two verses of two songs, I may have a problem if anyone just stopped to listen though :joy:
If that never happens though, I’m having fun, oh BTW I never even attempted a karaoke until a couple of years ago.
Looking forward to joining in the chat.
Regards
Ian

8 Likes

Welcome to the forum Ian

1 Like

Hello Ian,
Welcome and I hope you have fun ,
Greetings Rogier

1 Like

Welcome Ian,

Glad you have made it happen again and wish you good luck with your ongoing goal.

A

1 Like

Welcome to the community Ian.

1 Like

Hey Ian, welcome to the community. You are making a great start, keep at it!

1 Like

Welcome Ian, so nice to have you here :hugs:.
By following Justin’s course and being active in this great community, you’ll stick with this time - I’m quite certain :smiley:.

1 Like

Hi Ian, loving the aspiration to play in the park. You go for it, it’s a fab idea. Be sure to let us know how you get on when you do it. Have lots of fun.

1 Like

Welcome, Ian!
Once you know a few chords, and have a feel for the strumming hand, which imho, is the bearer of soul and life of a song, then all bet is off, you shall conquer the musicality inside of you!!!
Yeahhhhh!!!
Rene

1 Like

Welcome Ian. Enjoy your journey

1 Like

Ian, Welcome to the community forum. I am sure that before you complete Grade 1 you will be serenading in the park with a couple of songs.

1 Like

Hello Ian and welcome to our community. :slight_smile:

Man, that is going to be a lot to run around the park with. :wink:

1 Like

Hi Ian welcome. Good luck with your public performance.

1 Like

Welcome to the Community Ian! :blush:

1 Like

Hello Ian and a warm welcome to the community.
You must be well on your way - have you played at parties, BBQs or even an open mic?
The outdoor noise making dream is a good one, I like it. :slight_smile:

@Richard_close2u just played in front of a couple of friends at the moment, plus one YouTube upload of Heroes :grimacing:

1 Like