I'm Just a Poor Boy, Playing My Guitar - Oldhead49

That was awesome Dave! Loved the shout out to friends at Justin Guitar!

Thanks, @DavidP. Iā€™ve still got some time, but Iā€™m starting to look at alternatives. The problem with YT is my internet connection is so bad that it takes forever to upload videos. Maybe a new IS in the future. I appreciate the input.

@Singaporesl1ng Thanks for the listen and really nice feedback, Mike. I listened to your Columbia - Oasis and thought for the time youā€™ve been playing itā€™s sounding good. I think we all have had that getting stuck where everything sounds the same. I know I did, and still do actually. This particular song started out as trying to get the down-up strum with chords, hence the intro. After that I just recorded the chords and used it as a backing track to practice improvising leads over the chords. The words just sort of came to me as I was doing that. Honestly, the lead lines you hear in this are just improvising. I recorded two tracks. After listening to the first one, I was playing legato over the part where she says "Iā€™m going to make you ā€œpick,ā€ and thought trying a ā€œpickingā€ line in there, and it just seemed to work better for me.
Playing some lead started coming to me more as I started transcribing originals and transcribing the melody lines, and then figuring out how to play that melody line all over the neck and then just veering off the melody and experimenting. I love playing rhythm, and everything to me is driven by rhythm. For a year in you sound like youā€™re doing well. Just keep at it, experiment, figure out how to play all over the neck, not just in one box. Follow Justinā€™s path. It works.

Hi, @crocodile1 Hey, thanks for stopping by and for the nice comments. Itā€™s appreciated.

Thanks @Rossco01. Haha, Iā€™d like to see that bouncing through lunch. And thanks for the SC comments on various tunes. I donā€™t check in there very often.

@Tom_B Thank you, sir. Much appreciated. Itā€™s true, I have made a lot of friends here.

1 Like

That brought a smile to my ears Dave !!

Well done on the production and everything else. Thought the lyrics were great and despite not being a country love, thought the vibe was really cool and bouncy. Good Vibes !!

Cheers

Toby
:sunglasses:

Thank you, sir, and glad it gave you a smile. I would imagine there are/were a lot of people that gave everything up to try and make it big, but in the end nothing came of it and they lost everything. Just a fun little song.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure how this one slipped under my radar, Old Man, but I sure am grateful for @TheMadman_tobyjennerā€™s bump :smiley:
Iā€™ve always been in awe of your patience and dedication to transcribing and learning the fab covers you share, but I think this might be the first original Iā€™ve heard?
In a word- superb.
(I happily count myself as one of those referred to at the end)
No nits, no smart alec remarks, just old school vibes :sunglasses:

1 Like

@brianlarsen And here I thought you were just ignoring it.
I donā€™t know if itā€™s patience and dedication or just out and out OCD , but thanks for those kind words.
Yes, you are definitely one of those referred to at the end.
No nits? No smart alec remarks? I guess ā€œOld Manā€ is a place of honor these days. Thanks for stopping by Brian; always a pleasure.

Great job as always! I really liked the guitar and its sound, the vocals were also on top!
Thanks for sharing this

Mike

I love this! Great Job!

@MikeSebastianP Thanks Mike. I appreciate the feedback.

@TheCluelessLuthier Much appreciated, Mark. Glad you liked it.