I'm Not The Only One by Sam Smith Lesson

Learn to play I'm Not The Only One by Sam Smith on JustinGuitar!

View the full lesson at I'm Not The Only One by Sam Smith | JustinGuitar

Great sound on this one Justin!
I’ve actually found it easier to put a capo on 5 and play the chords that way. It just means the melody notes move to the 3rd and 4th strings.
Bb and C barre chords are still needed but just feels easier to me to keep things in one area of the fret board.
Great lesson

Scrub that! You can actually play it without barre chords with capo 5
G is the C chord and the Bb major can be played as a mini E shape, effectively an F chord if counting that capo as the nut.
I think it has a pretty cool sound :grin:

1 Like

I agree. You need to play this with the capo at the 5th fret for this to be a grade 2 song. That is how it is taught in the Justin Beginner’s Songbook Volume II. Justin actually mentions in the songbook that the original as played in this video is in the key of F major and would be more enjoyable when you have “nailed your barre chords”

I found this situation to be funny or at least amusing. I had trouble with this song again this week, as I was going through the grade 2 songs with video lessons to use as warmups. This one really exposed a weakness with my F chord, with the finger picking of an Fm hammered on to F chord and the Bb chord. I decided to look at the discussion for this video to see if there were any helpful comments and saw mine, which I had completely forgotten about after 10 months.