Imagine [2023] by John Lennon Lesson

Learn to play Imagine [2023] by John Lennon on JustinGuitar!

View the full lesson at Imagine [2023] by John Lennon | JustinGuitar

6 Likes

Beautiful and timeless song :musical_note: :peace_symbol: :blue_heart:

Thank you for another great tutorial! Playing this tune surely brings a lot of happiness.

And I had to smile at 5:20 … “Imagine there’s no F-chord” :grin:

3 Likes

Thank you for your thoughtful community email this morning. With so much strife and sorrow brewing around the world, you have given me an uplifting way to celebrate the day by learning “Imagine.” I imagine there is nary a student among us who doesn’t know these lyrics by heart.

2 Likes

The tab is not showing up

1 Like

Yep, its not there. :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Justin, not sure whether you’ve had vocal lessons, but your voice in the demo at the start sounds full and rich. Excellent rendition and lesson.
Neil

2 Likes

TAB for newly released song lessons usually follows along after a while. It will arrive. It is available on the old lesson.

1 Like

Looking for songs to add to my repertoire and it has gone on the list.

1 Like

Really like the changes you made in this updated lesson.
Someday I hope to play this amazing song all the way through without my voice cracking or tears welling up. If only…

1 Like

I’ve always love this song. I play it on my piano with the embellishments that you mention. Now I’ll do it on guitar, did not think about playing it on my guitar because I don’t have an acoustic guitar,BUT… I do have a BOSS ME-80 where I can make my Strat sound like an acoustic guitar.
Thanks Justin!!!
have a Happy New Years
John
Boy

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the reply sir!

1 Like

Thank you

1 Like

This just came up on my Spotify feed. Mark Knopfler and Chet Atkins playing Imagine. Worth a listen to hear what is possible (but maybe not in this life time for me). The level of control and feeling between the two is sublime.

1 Like

A question about the new tab for the 2023 update:
There are vertical lines above and below some chord tabs.
|
x

or

|

What do these vertical lines mean?

1 Like

Those represent quarter notes. You’ll see that they are joined together for eight notes.

1 Like

Thanks, Jeff. So, there is no relevance to whether the lines are on top or bottom of the chord?
I just noticed that Ultimate Guitar is switching to this style of notation. Once I saw the 8th and 16th notes it was more obvious. It does provide for better clues as to rhythm, but it sure adds to the congestion on the page.

1 Like

It doesn’t make a difference. I’m not sure why some chords have them on top and others on bottom, it’s usually one or the other for the entire tab.

1 Like

Justin, I can tell that you feel this song in your heart. It comes through in your vocal performance.

Kudos.