Imagine - John Lennon - sairfingers

I really love this song by John, great performance, guitar playing and especially the vocals were great.
Thanks for sharing

Mike

Thanks so much for the listen and support Mike. Much appreciated.

I like it a lot Gordon! You could tell you got really comfortable with it as you progressed in the song, and it’s not an easy tune to nail I think. Also love it when people can make piano songs work on guitar, one of many skills I would still like to learn!

1 Like

Thanks Inge. Glad you enjoyed the song, I appreciate the support. I suppose the good thing about playing a well known piano based song on guitar is that you have pretty much a free rein as to how you play it.

Great job played very confidently, given me the confidence to tackle this one myself, although I’m worried about the F chord it will be a good workout.

1 Like

@Bassmiket
Thanks Mike. I’m glad I’ve inspired you to try this great song.

You might not find the F so difficult. The progression goes C - Cmaj7 - F. The change from C to Cmaj7 involves lifting your index finger off the second string first fret (C). That means your index finger is already moving so it can be on its way to forming the first fret barre as you go from Cmaj7 to F.
Can you play Fmaj7? That chord sounds good as a substitute for F in this song.

Good luck with it. :smiley:

@sairfingers Thanks for the tip Gordon, I’ll add this progression to my practice list

cheers
Mike

1 Like

Thank you for another great rendition from the heart.

Hi,
I like this song a lot and really enjoyed your version of it. I really think you did better as the song progressed. That goes for both vox and play. Nice to hear this one again as it has been a while.

All the best to you and keep up the vibe!
LB

@beneckejames @LBro
Hey Guys thanks for the listen. I thought this one had disappeared long ago!
I very much appreciate the listen and comments. It’s always been a favourite song of mine and one I might come back to and try to improve on.