In Italian ! My video after Beginner 1 - Mod 2

I have made the new thread in the gear section, thanks

1 Like

Buongiorno!

That’s how I greet everybody in a online meeting at work, always making people smile :smiley:
felt like yelling it back right at ya :it: :it: :it:

But I’m confused; Geert is a typical Flemish (Belgian) name. What’s your story? :smiley:

Thanks for sharing and see you around :smiley:

Welcome to the community and loved the video.

1 Like

Welcome to the community. A good demonstration of how to start using the app. As David suggested keep that strumming hand moving all of the time even if you are only playing one strum per barre. I think you’re taking the right approach recording early…you’ll really see how you improve over the coming weeks.

1 Like

I am actually dutch but live in Italy for over 20 years, but learning to play guitar only since 1 month. I think I need to find some easy italian songs to learn soon to impress my wife :slight_smile: Any suggestions ?

2 Likes

Hey, how you doing Justin? (here) :grin: Welcome to this awesome community. I am a fresher too, been playing for last 3 and a half months. I didn’t understand what you were saying in the video, but I enjoyed it and it seemed you enjoyed yourself too, which is awesome.

I am too much a beginner to give you any advice, especially on top of everything people have already mentioned.

Bdw, have you encountered the video where our teacher Justin mentions the

1 2 3 [change]

way of strumming, where you essentially change the chord on 4th bit. It helped me a lot and I think you’ll find it useful too. If you haven’t encountered it, don’t worry, it’s there in one of the lessons.

Also keep on playing along the app. It helps in chord changes, consistent strumming and getting rid of the pause David has mentioned. You’ll encounter a video on it too, very soon.

Keep on enjoying Justin and I hope to see more of your videos :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Hey there Justin! First of all, I’m so incredibly excited to see someone speaking Italian on here! Please continue to do it :slight_smile: I’m not Italian, but I’m eagerly learning the language daily and I love hearing you speak the language!
I don’t have time to read all the comments so hopefully this hasn’t been mentioned yet, but when you start playing Bob Marley, be wary about changing chords TOO early. Sometimes, when you go from the D major to the A Major, there’s almost 3 counts of silence. You don’t do it all the time, but just be mindful of it. I don’t like to give a whole lot of feedback on beginners who are just truly starting out because it’s like, of course you need work, but you seem to pretty much know what you need to work on. Ciao!

1 Like

Sing “with your guitar in your hands” →

That was a great video, very entertaining. My comments would be the same as suggestions from others, work at keeping a steady beat. You are doing that much of the time, the pause when you’re playing along with the song though might be a difficult habit to break. I noticed that you are making very nice and clear sounding chords, and that is a great start.

2 Likes

Was going to say exact same thing more or less. Metronome and playing a guitar with a narrow neck. Nylon strings are tough if you’re just starting out.

2 Likes