In My Life - The Beatles (Cover)

Great job! Sounds way better than you give yourself credit for. Also love the Johnny Cash decor.

Not a criticism. But out of curiosity, Why the big jumps up the neck with the chords?

1 Like

Well done @KevinKevan

Your vocal was so sincere, really hit me emotionally! Some tough chord changes in there and you were as smooth as ever.

Keep it up because this was brilliant :star_struck:

1 Like

That was very enjoyable to listen and that fingerstyle at the beginning was a nice touch. Actually listened 3 times before commenting. :slight_smile: Also, that guitar is beautiful.

1 Like

Well done!! Keep it up man. :beers:

1 Like

That is a mighty fine rendition Kevin. Well done on an enjoyable and entertaining performance.

1 Like

Well done Kevin. A super version of one of the early Beatles songs. Rubber Soul is arguably their best album. (IMHO).
I liked the solo riffs you included. We tend to think of early Beatles songs as ‘easy’ pop but the melodies and chord progressions are a different class. No wonder they stand the test of time nearly 60 years later. Lovely stuff.

Edit. This got me thinking and made me start this thread - What’s your favourite Beatles song?
Not meaning to hijack your post. :smiley:

2 Likes

Awesome job! Great vocals!

Rubber Soul is definitely my favorite album!

1 Like

It put a smile on my face. Thanks. Very nice arrangement. Good rhythm especially with all of those bar chords.
The only thing I noticed was timing when you switch between the strumming and the riff (but you probably already knew thatj

1 Like

@KevinKevan I very much enjoyed your rendition. Good strumming and the chord changes looked fairly smooth to me. The transition from strumming to picking is not as easy as some might think. Keep it up!

1 Like

Most enjoyable :slight_smile: No wreckage to be found here :wink:

1 Like

Hi Kevin, that was great- from the moment you gave us the Groucho Marx raised eyebrows at the start to eating the pick at the very end :laughing:
You might want to consult the dictionary on the word ‘wreck’- I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means :wink:
Enjoyed all aspects of this (including the spawn of @sairfingers)
Keep it up!

1 Like

Thanks guys! It’s always super cool to post something here.
Since I started sharing these AVOYP I’ve become more aware than ever of my playing mistakes but also much more confident and comfortable, if anyone reading this is hesitating just do it!

Regarding the best Beatles Album debate, I’m a big Revolver fan!

1 Like

That was great Kevin. I agree with the other posts recommending you check on the definition of ‘wreck’. :wink: Good stuff!

1 Like

Bravo Kevin, that was excellent. I thought it was really good. What a great song as well.

1 Like

Super Kevin and an excellent AVOYP. Great all round with nice vox, strumming and picked lines. Well done.

1 Like

Wreck it? Not even close. That was a fine performance.

1 Like

Wonderful job!! I adore this song and I had a great time watching your performance :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hah you do yourself a grave injustice Kevin, that was not only well played but well sung as well. Thought it was a wonderful rendition of this old Beatles classic. Well done. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Good job Kevin. I have been doing this song for a while now. You are giving me
confidence to perhaps record and post my first video. I love you intro. I have never used the intro but have an ending that sounds similar but is done with chords instead of picking as you have done. I like your picking.
Keep up the good work. It is such a beutiful song. I think the Beatles would
be proud. :heart:

2 Likes