What’s your favourite Beatles song?

Mine is And I Love Her (Remastered 2009) - YouTube

4 Likes

No doubt at all on that one, it’s right up there in my favourite songs by anyone, not just The Beatles Let It Be (Remastered 2009) - YouTube

2 Likes

That’s a tough one, guess it all depends when you ask me! First one I ever heard and probably one of my earliest memories is when my parents used to play me prerecorded music on VHS from MTV Germany and there was this song: Get back! Somehow always loved those shots on the roof.

But I guess today would be this: Help!

1 Like

While my top 10 consistently changes, “Let It Be” always finds it’s way to my #1 spot. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Easy, my favourite is all of them.

4 Likes

Used to be Hey Jude. But since my other favorite band Bon Jovi sang Here Comes the Sun in Biden’s inauguration ceremony, I changed :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Hmmm it’s a tough question :thinking: All of them but our family particularly liked the White Album and Sgt Peppers.

1 Like

Golden Slumbers can still make me cry :disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Is this still a beatle song for Beatles lovers? But these and other performances of this are the most I listen to all my life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrTMc2i6Lzc

Prince, Tom Petty, Steve Winwood, Jeff Lynne and others – “While My Guitar Gently Weeps”

I see these performances as …The best of several worlds… and now you see Prince again in a great way:guitar: :sunglasses:

1 Like

This is an impossible question to answer… but I’ll try!
Mother Nature’s Son by Macca.
When people ask me this is I tend to counter with my favourite Harrison, Lennon and McCartney songs:
Harrison - Something
Lennon - Happiness Is A Warm Gun
But tbh I have about 100 songs that I return to frequently because they’re the best there ever was and the best there ever will be! :smiley:

Cool topic, Gordon.

I know you said ‘song’ but have to first agree with your and Joe’s comment about Rubber Soul. At various times I have listened to various Beatles albums, and the only one of those I’ve played through, start to finish, that I enjoy start to finish and will occasionally listen to is Rubber Soul.

My Beatles listening on my iPod would best be served with a custom playlist, largely drawn from their Red album compilation.

Don’t really have a favourite song, the playlist would be most of that Red album plus a few from the Blue, here’s a sample that springs to mind without too much thought:

Norwegian Wood
Eleanor Rigby
She Loves You
Michelle
While My Guitar Gently Weeps
The Long and Winding Road
Helter Skelter

But then I am a Stones lover and a Beatles liker.

Yes, it’s a beautiful song :musical_note: :heart_eyes:

I don’t have a favorite Beatles song. So many of them are extremely good. If we include all songs by members of the Beatles I would go with Imagine by John. Without a doubt one of the best songs ever.

My ex used to think I was nuts when I said Back In The U.S.S.R.! Maybe that’s where the ex comes from!! My real answer would probably be You’ve Got To Hide Your Love Away and Nowhere Man.

For me it’s either Strawberry Fields Forever or I Am the Walrus (not much guitar in the latter). But I like most of their 1965-69 stuff anyway.

There are some tough questions in the social section today.

To answer your question Gordon, I can’t, far too many to pick from. Sorry.

Mine is Blackbird closely followed by Let It Be.

Both absolutely epic, the Prince solo is one of my favourites, I just cracked up at Geof Lynne and Tom Petty’s faces :joy:

1 Like

Mine is Dear Prudence, apart from the original there have been some interesting covers, Alanis Morrisette, Souxie and the Banshees and well my favourite cover…. Dear Prudence (acoustic Beatles cover) - Mike Masse and Jeff Hall - YouTube

I once saw someone do I Am the Walrus - solo acoustic.

He totally nailed it! I can only dream of having that much talent.

1 Like