In The Pines - Fingerstyle Blues

This recording is an 8 bar fingerstyle blues in 3/4. There are many versions of this song in Bluegrass, Country and Blues style by artists such as Bill Monroe, Doc Watson, Dolly Parton, Leadbelly and even Nirvana.

Wim.

10 Likes

That’s really nice. I like the solid groove you keep going with your thumb.

1 Like

Just delightful as always Wim. I love your playing and the tunes you put out. I come away feeling soooo chilled.

1 Like

Hi Wim,
Wim van …damm(e) your gooood :wink:
You are a cool mean blues machine :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:
Greetings

1 Like

Wim,
That was great and sounded very nice. Good play and nice tone on the guitar! Enjoyed this mellow offering from you. I would like to see your fretting hand on this one. Sounds like some good hammer on/off work going on in spots…

Keep rock’n,
LB

1 Like

@LBro

Hi LB,

An extra challenge on these 16th notes was to play the F# thumb over neck to keep the bass going at the same time. That lick took a lot of practice :grinning:

Very coool playing, tone and vibe. I like that spot 1:40 to 1:50. Well done!

1 Like

You make intricate sound effortless Wim. Beautiful work.

1 Like

Really nice, cool and bluesy. Love the steady bass notes picking.

1 Like

Thanks!
Those 10 seconds took hours to learn :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Great soothing flow; that sounded very pleasant to my ear.
Good job!

1 Like

I truly enjoyed listening to that! Such a great groove and easy going feel that at the same time had of lot of energy and movement.

Is that your own arrangement? How did you learn to play something like that?

Great job!

1 Like

Thanks, Garry.

I have developed a particular interest in learning laid back solo fingerstyle blues and there are not many resources available that focus on this niche.
On Truefire I found the courses from David Hamburger that I worked on for about one year. Now I have a paid membership on his Fingerstyle 5 learning platform and that’s my main resource for learning to play this style of blues. The arrangement is build on elements that I took from the Fingerstyle 5 lessons.

All the best,

Wim.

That’s cool that you built the arrangement yourself out of what you’re learning in the course. The internet is such an incredible resource for finding quality teachers to learn so many things, Justin Guitar being a prime example of course!

Thank you again for the music!